Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Elhombre999
  • 1 Post By Elhombre999

Thread: New!!! Tire foam glue!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2015, 12:01 AM   #1
Addict

Default New!!! Tire foam glue!!

I've been doing some testing for about 6 months and im cinaly ready to release my glue for glueing 1/5 tire foams. The benefits of gluing your foam is your foams will disintegrate, and ware out less because they will not be rotating or slideing on the rim you will get better side traction and less Tire roll because the foam does not move from the rim. And the best overall benefit will be your tires will last longer because they will not get deformed and balloon which would cause the sidewall of the tire to rip Where the bead lock meets the rim. This is a lot more aparent in the new Jconcept tires because they are a softer compound.
I will post pics shortly of foams that have been glued to the rim and ones that have not been glued so you can see the diffrence. I will have a small amount of this glue available before the West Coast nationals.
Elhombre999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-22-2015, 05:25 AM   #2
Addict

Garage
Default Re: New!!! Tire foam glue!!

Good idea, but the JConcepts tires are not only softer, they are too large for the Losi foam/wheel. Glue may help, but I'm doubtful it will prevent them from ripping/pulling out of the beadlock. I've been taping the foams with Gorilla tape and using longer beadlock screws (M3x13mm) along with nylock nuts--they are still coming out. I've still got a pair with the symptom which I used at the Canadian Nat's last weekend. As soon as the track grooved up, the Reflex tires started popping out of the beadlock. Speaks well for the grip, but the problem still exists. I believe the only solution is to actually use CA glue on the bead lock. I'm afraid even that will cause the sidewall to shread due to the softer compound and the oversized tire.
PegLeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 08:08 AM   #3
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PegLeg View Post
Good idea, but the JConcepts tires are not only softer, they are too large for the Losi foam/wheel. Glue may help, but I'm doubtful it will prevent them from ripping/pulling out of the beadlock. I've been taping the foams with Gorilla tape and using longer beadlock screws (M3x13mm) along with nylock nuts--they are still coming out. I've still got a pair with the symptom which I used at the Canadian Nat's last weekend. As soon as the track grooved up, the Reflex tires started popping out of the beadlock. Speaks well for the grip, but the problem still exists. I believe the only solution is to actually use CA glue on the bead lock. I'm afraid even that will cause the sidewall to shread due to the softer compound and the oversized tire.
I have been running the jconcepts since they were out with glued foams and have had no problems. My buddy kevin enriquez ran a set @ lake irvine and tore the beads off 3 tires the first run. Tape helps with ballooning but still allows the foam to slide side to side on the rim causing stress to the beadlock tabs on the tire. My glue stops all that. Ca will do nothing that the beadlock dosenot already do. Plus tape adds some rotating weight exactly where you dont Want weight in the tires. Ieven shot around the idea of making new stiffer foams but this glue worked so well. I only run losi foams. I am telling you once you try this glue you will be amazed @ how meny problems it fixes.

This is a tire that dose not have the glued foams. As you can see the tire rolls under because the foam just slides side to side on the rim causing the tire to ride on the thin edge ofthe rim and beadlock.
Click the image to open in full size.
PegLeg likes this.

Last edited by Elhombre999; 07-22-2015 at 08:14 AM.
Old 07-22-2015, 01:37 PM   #4
Addict

Garage

All good points. However, the Losi foams aren't very tough and I'm afraid the rims will outlast them. In which case, I'll have to ditch both since they would be glued to one another. I'd like to give your glue a try on an older set in order to see how well it works. LMK.

BTW, I actually like the added weight of the tape since it helps me fly the truck a bit easier and the tape really helps prolong the life of the foams.
Old 07-22-2015, 10:08 PM   #5
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PegLeg View Post
All good points. However, the Losi foams aren't very tough and I'm afraid the rims will outlast them. In which case, I'll have to ditch both since they would be glued to one another.

BTW, I actually like the added weight of the tape since it helps me fly the truck a bit easier and the tape really helps prolong the life of the foams.
Every time i get new tires i get new foams and wheels. I when i race im pretty hard on my truck so the wheels dont stay round too long. And ive noticed the people that reuse rims in racing conditions tend to be the ones ripping the center hub out so i never reuse wheels. Therefore glueing the foams dosnt matter since the foams will never outlast a wheel. And again im really voing from a racers standpoint and adding rotateing weight to the drivetrian is a no. The lighter you can make the drivetrain without sacrificeing durability is wayyy better on the engine as well as the drivetrain parts. And if the wheels are Heavier then the suspention cant do as good of a job as well. And again im just saying for raceing. In a basher anything goes. We had guys out here try drilling holes in the foams to make the tire lighter but it didnt go so well haha.
Old 07-23-2015, 11:50 AM   #6
Basher

I agree with Peg that the JC’s are too large for the stock Losi foams…I had a severe tire growth problem with the Chasers on my DBXLs using Losi foams. Switched to HPI 190x60 foams and they’re working well now (even with the G320 installed). Maybe the glue method cures the Losi foams being too loose in the JC tire.

I’m finding that the side walls on the JC rubber appear to be a bit delicate also (I’ve never shredded a Blockade).

Cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 12:58 PM   #7
Addict

Garage

I sent a message to JConcepts through their website concerning the issues we're having. I encourage anyone else with similar experiences to do the same.
Old 07-23-2015, 07:16 PM   #8
Addict

:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
I agree with Peg that the JC’s are too large for the stock Losi foams…I had a severe tire growth problem with the Chasers on my DBXLs using Losi foams. Switched to HPI 190x60 foams and they’re working well now (even with the G320 installed). Maybe the glue method cures the Losi foams being too loose in the JC tire.

I’m finding that the side walls on the JC rubber appear to be a bit delicate also (I’ve never shredded a Blockade).

Nice work. Haha. The jconcepts i got from kevin enriquze were tore where the beadlock meets the rim. I think the soft compound of the jconcepst is causing all these problems. The sidwall on your tire appears to have worn down prob because the foam was slideing on the rim and you were driving on the sidewall in the turns. Just like in my pic. The blocakades are a harder compound so the sidewall will take this abuse.
Here is pics of my Jconcept chasers tires on the same rims that for the last three but I glued these foams. They are holding up great and They do not feel any looser on the foam than the blockades. I believe this glue is the key to these tires holding pu due to the soft compound.

I will be giving out some glue for others to try out for the west coast 1/5 nationals so its not just me talking about the benifits of running this glue.
But i believe once you try this you wont go back. And who know mabye glue plus gorillia tape will work even better??
PegLeg likes this.
Old 07-24-2015, 05:17 AM   #9
Basher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elhombre999 View Post
I think the soft compound of the jconcepst is causing all these problems. The sidwall on your tire appears to have worn down prob because the foam was slideing on the rim and you were driving on the sidewall in the turns. Just like in my pic. The blocakades are a harder compound so the sidewall will take this abuse.
It was actually crash damage, but still, they seem too fragile for my trucks.

We do more of a “Death Race” match type of racing on my track…mostly DWI.
Cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 08:39 PM   #10
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
It was actually crash damage, but still, they seem too fragile for my trucks.

We do more of a “Death Race” match type of racing on my track…mostly DWI.
Well the glue still wont make you drive better. Haha. If its a death race mabye you can rig up a bottle to dump out on the drivers when your in the lead. Haha
Old 07-26-2015, 09:42 PM   #11
Addict

Another great day of racing at the team chase compound in the books. For some reason a lot of foams were being thrown from the tires. Handed out quite a few bottles of glue for people to run at the West Coast nationals should be less foams being thrown there.
Old 10-11-2015, 05:12 PM   #12
Addict

your tire and foam with out being glued to the rim!The foam slides on the rim causeing all the weight of the car to ride on the sidewall of the tire and beadlock. And in jconcepts tires causing it to slice the tire and rip

your foam and tire with my glue holding it in place.. you can see the sidewall is rolled over just enough to get good side bite but it did not roll all the way to the beadlock because the foam stayed it place and did not slide to the inner edge of the rim.

I will have a small amount of this glue avalible @ the team chase c.o.o.r.s.
Race this sat 10-17
100ml bottle $20 this is enough glue to do 8 tires and some extra.
Old 10-18-2015, 08:45 PM   #13
Addict

Sold outta the batch of glue i brought to the team chase championship race. Next bacth i make will be going to bartolone raceing. Check his facebook soon.

New!!! Tire foam glue!! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Glue Metal Ring on Deperado rims? Cain Tires and Wheels 2 01-05-2012 08:13 AM
do i have to glue the insert on my proline tires? jay pee Tires and Wheels 5 12-11-2011 11:34 PM
what foam inserts do i use? 408 Bay Area Shark Tires and Wheels 2 09-15-2009 07:33 AM
Stock 5T foam issues Jermsking Tires and Wheels 6 08-05-2009 01:10 PM
Wheel+foam=glue? vince Tires and Wheels 2 05-23-2009 12:00 AM