Go Back   RCLargeScale.com > Races, Events and Tracks > Races > Thunder Valley RC Park

Notices

Thread: KIng of calif end of the month in april

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2011, 11:09 PM   #1
Addict

Default KIng of calif end of the month in april

Ok guys who is all in if you want to race the end of this month go to the web site for the track and get entered asap... we are going to camp friday and bbq going to be good times!!!!
fastflee is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-07-2011, 03:23 PM   #2
I break shit

Garage

From looking at TV's website is appears to be a normal race with a fancy name, Is there any reason why the entry fees are so high? $45 a class?

I see a couple vendors stepped up with some cool prizes but that looks like their own doing.

I curious because if people don't mind paying such high class fees then Kevin might rethink building a 1/5 scale track.
badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 07:31 AM   #3
The Slowest Guy in Town

Ill have to double check but I "BELIEVE" it covers 2 days of track time both Friday all day for practice and Sat Race. I also "BELIEVE" that there is some mighty nice Hardware for the winners.

Ill double check today and see. Till then its just me yapping my trap.
FastEddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 09:11 AM   #4
Addict

Gotta remember 1/5th scale is in a class of it's own. Well worth whatever when you can get a bunch of guys together. For a weekend race It's well within reason.
Under dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 09:16 AM   #5
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by badger View Post
From looking at TV's website is appears to be a normal race with a fancy name, Is there any reason why the entry fees are so high? $45 a class?

I see a couple vendors stepped up with some cool prizes but that looks like their own doing.

I curious because if people don't mind paying such high class fees then Kevin might rethink building a 1/5 scale track.
A normal race does not have 4 ft trophys like this one also the heats are shorter and there are not as many give aways... just a few things...Tell Kevin to build the track and charge whatever he feels...I myself would not pay kevin thundervalley fees for a few reasons as of now his track is to small for 1/5 scales there is no place to park a rv and the pits are very small... If that changes to at least half the size of thundervalley my thoughts may change...

Last edited by fastflee; 04-08-2011 at 09:20 AM.
Old 04-08-2011, 10:06 AM   #6
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastflee View Post
A normal race does not have 4 ft trophys like this one also the heats are shorter and there are not as many give aways... just a few things..
So the trophies are cool, but the heats are shorter, and not as many giveaways? How is that better than a "normal race"?
DarkSoul Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 10:33 AM   #7
I break shit

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Under dog View Post
Gotta remember 1/5th scale is in a class of it's own. Well worth whatever when you can get a bunch of guys together. For a weekend race It's well within reason.
Oh yeah I know 1/5 scale is in a class of it's own, that's why I love it so much.

Quote:
A normal race does not have 4 ft trophys like this one also the heats are shorter and there are not as many give aways... just a few things...
ok, that's the problem, it doesn't say anywhere on TV's web site or in this thread that there is going to be 4ft trophies. I know how much trophies can add up to, we have to buy them every year for our national crawling event. It's also very cool that vendors are stepping up with the giveaways.

Quote:
Tell Kevin to build the track and charge whatever he feels...I myself would not pay kevin thundervalley fees for a few reasons as of now his track is to small for 1/5 scales there is no place to park a rv and the pits are very small... If that changes to at least half the size of thundervalley my thoughts may change...
You yourself are biased to TV so I wouldn't expect you to pay "TV fees" at Norcal. Currently yes Norcal's 1/8 scale track is on the small side for Baja's, I was referring to Kevin building a separate dedicated 1/5 scale track.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darksoul Racing View Post
So the trophies are cool, but the heats are shorter, and not as many giveaways? How is that better than a "normal race"?
I think you read that wrong, I believe fastflee was saying that a normal race has shorter heats then this race will have.
Old 04-09-2011, 11:59 PM   #8
Addict

Quote:
Oh yeah I know 1/5 scale is in a class of it's own, that's why I love it so much.

ok, that's the problem, it doesn't say anywhere on TV's web site or in this thread that there is going to be 4ft trophies. I know how much trophies can add up to, we have to buy them every year for our national crawling event. It's also very cool that vendors are stepping up with the giveaways.

You yourself are biased to TV so I wouldn't expect you to pay "TV fees" at Norcal. Currently yes Norcal's 1/8 scale track is on the small side for Baja's, I was referring to Kevin building a separate dedicated 1/5 scale track.

I think you read that wrong, I believe fastflee was saying that a normal race has shorter heats then this race will have.
At this point I will pay what ever to race any tracks that have 1/5 scale offroad running...
Old 04-21-2011, 10:56 PM   #9

Quote:
At this point I will pay what ever to race any tracks that have 1/5 scale offroad running...
make up your mind twatwaffle
Bill Wyatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 11:12 PM   #10
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Wyatt View Post
make up your mind twatwaffle
DICK!!!!!!!!
Old 04-22-2011, 03:05 PM   #11

Quote:
DICK!!!!!!!!
So you actually going to show up for this race in your own backyard or what? You're suppose to be bringing some tri-tips ya know. We'll be up there friday around noonish I would imagine.
Bill Wyatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 03:53 PM   #12
Addict

Well spent the last few days getting all my spare parts bagged up and ready.. CAnt wait till next friday to chill BBQ have a few beers and run some practice laps.. Hell friday may be more fun than race day lololol see you all there...
Old 04-24-2011, 07:49 PM   #13
The Slowest Guy in Town

Im planning on getting there around 1 or so on Friday.
Old 04-28-2011, 08:38 PM   #14
The Slowest Guy in Town

All packed up ready to go.
Headed up in the AM
Old 04-28-2011, 10:33 PM   #15
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastEddy View Post
Headed up in the AM
See you all there im just about ready to head out myself
Old 04-28-2011, 10:36 PM   #16
Racer

Quote:
Headed up in the AM
Quote:
See you all there im just about ready to head out myself
me TOO!!!....see you guys tommorow
mexokie954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 11:52 PM   #17
Racer

All packed and ready to hit the road about 9 am with baja 5sc,fishing gear and food
silverback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 07:31 AM   #18
The Slowest Guy in Town

On my way to the shop to re-pack.
I wasnt going to bring the RZR but it looks like with fishing being good ill load it up so we dont have to walk to the back pond.
Old 04-29-2011, 11:10 AM   #19
I break shit

Garage

Quote:
On my way to the shop to re-pack.
I wasnt going to bring the RZR but it looks like with fishing being good ill load it up so we dont have to walk to the back pond.
Fishing!?! Nobody mentioned fishing to me! Damn now I'm really pist I can't make it! Forget the baja racing, I would have broadcast the fishing live. Watching Eddy get skunked would be so much more exciting then watching him come in last place racing.
Old 04-29-2011, 12:23 PM   #20
Made in.....

Quote:
Fishing!?! Nobody mentioned fishing to me! Damn now I'm really pist I can't make it! Forget the baja racing, I would have broadcast the fishing live. Watching Eddy get skunked would be so much more exciting then watching him come in last place racing.
robmob is offline   Reply With Quote

KIng of calif end of the month in april - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
October is Dunetoberfest month! TGNman TGN Distributing 0 09-06-2011 01:05 AM
First Points Race, April 11 DarkSoul Racing RAMS RC Racing Club 5 04-09-2010 07:45 AM
First month with my 5b PaulB Introduce yourself 7 01-26-2010 12:01 PM
5b's first month in pictures PaulB HPI Baja 5B 3 01-26-2010 12:26 AM
Moving The April 19th Race to April 26th! robmob RAMS RC Racing Club 9 04-21-2009 06:52 PM