Go Back   RCLargeScale.com > Vendors > TGN Distributing

Notices

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By gofasterracing

Thread: Associated Large Scale Buggy or Truck. How would you build it?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2012, 02:43 PM   #1
Addict

Default Associated Large Scale Buggy or Truck. How would you build it?

Hey All

Rummors are flying and the word on the street is that Associated has a new large scale in the works. Will it be a 1/5 or 1/6 scale? Will it be a Buggy or a Truck?

We do not know but the questions was asked on Team Associated Large Scale 1/5 Scale - 1/6 Scale Soon - Large Scale News LargeScaleNews today and we want to talk about it.

How would you build your ultimate large scale? How do you think Associated would do things differently? Lets have that conversation because I am getting the feeling we will be doing that right here on the worlds best and most informative large scale forum very soon.

What do you all think?
TGNman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-26-2012, 02:46 PM   #2
Braaaaap Braaaaap

Garage
Default Re: Associated Large Scale Buggy or Truck. How would you build it?

Will it be gas or electric? 2x or 4wd? oh so many questions.
LOST IN MN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 02:56 PM   #3

It would be pointless for them to come out with a 1/6th scale, there is nothing else in that scale.
They should just upscale there rc8-rc8t line like Losi did if they do come out with one.
Having just purchased a Losi 5ive, I think they would really have to have some special for me to consider one.
I am still waiting for many wanted hop ups for the Losi a year after it came out, would not want to wait even longer for hopups for an Associated vehicle.
show&go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 03:37 PM   #4
Addict

Garage

The more, the merrier. Anything to promote/expand 1/5 scale is music to my ears. Healthy competition, if done right, is fantastic news. HPI did a great job of developing the 2WD Baja series. Losi hit the nail on the head with it's 4WD 5ive. Another domestic brand entry (or two) in the 5th scale gasser game has big shoes to fill. The biggest hurdles are going to be toughness, performance, support and availability of low-cost parts. If TA hits those four, I'll likely put one in my RC garage, even if the initial cost is on the high side.
PegLeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 04:07 PM   #5
Addict

Garage

All they need to do is build a better truck than the Losi 5ive-T and l'll pick up at least one to start modding.
Scope75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 04:58 PM   #6
Racer

Garage

I would prefer if they came out with 30 pounds tough buggy , mainly to compete with Euro brands like MCD,FG,Hurrax,Ferox,Lauterbacher etc. , and to fill the missing spot in USA no 4x4 buggy yet . But most likely it will end up as another SC 4x4 to compete in class.
LightForce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 06:42 PM   #7
Addict

what ever they do it needs to be a pro kit no motor or electronics.
Scope75 and PegLeg like this.
gofasterracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 07:00 PM   #8
Basher

Quote:
Originally Posted by gofasterracing View Post
+1 on the kit
Bajatom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 10:51 PM   #9
Addict

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gofasterracing View Post
Yes it needs to be a kit!!
I'd also like to see a true 5th scale 4x4 buggy made.
Scope75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 03:31 AM   #10
Racer

I'd like to see a true 5th scale 4x4 buggy too . Not a 6th scale Euro style buggy.
XREDRACERX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 03:43 AM   #11
Addict

I would love a usa style 4wd buggy!
Kooldeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 06:27 AM   #12
Addict

Associated have a lot of history with electric, and IMO their 1/10th buggies are probably the best out their, or they certainly were when I raced, and their 1/8th are very competitive.
Also they are known for going their own way, have a look at the 1/10th scale 4X4 Short Course truck, something new, and something from the past, refined or re-invented not sure which, but I know I would like the Clicker diff in my Gas truck if it could be made strong enough for a high HP fifth scale truck.
I feel it will be electric and a buggy, what with the AJA conversion looking popular, as a lot have been debating whether to buy or wait for one of the other big gun's to bring one out, and also those that have bought them quite a few are putting an electric motor in it.
I honestly thought Losi would have brought a race roller buggy out under the TLR banner, it just seemed to me to be a natural evolution, can you imagine a 1/5th scale buggy or truck two wheel drive designed around the 1/10th scale 22 chassis, or if 4WD again on the 5ive-T chassis what a winner, it may happen if Associated come on board, I personally would like all the big gun's to bring something to the track in Gas or Electric as long as there were enough to have real manufacture competition as per the 1/8th nitro rally, but keep the look scale, so it is recognised by the average Joe on the street so it bring's new blood to the hobby the same as Short Course has, and Baja always has, but please not like CEN honestly a Chinese copy of an early MCD, leave that to Redcat, Rovan and KM please.
I would prefer gas, but even I have been forced to think electric or lose some of the places we bash, and at least one track that is in danger of closure unless we do something about noise ourselves, before we get policed by local authorities or the government.
Also on top of that there has been new rules from our race governing body 'BRCA', on exhaust pipes to do with noise, but most importantly the safety of the volunteer marshal's, to save them from getting burnt finger's.
Associated made a brave move and introduced a Nitro Short Course truck, but it is looking like they were right, as there are a lot of guy's like me who just can not get enough of anything gas, even though electric is the in thing at the moment, and their are quite a few good reason's for this, like you do not need a pit mechanic, you can run with out refuelling, the price of batteries, ESC's and motors are dropping, factor that in along with not much noise, and can be run indoor's, so all in all a win win.
I do hope that it will be a gas truck, a bit selfish maybe but that is my thing, I have buggies but only two of my large scale are buggies, and all are gas at present.
I will try before I buy, as I used to race 1/10th and 1/8th touring car along with indoor off road, so not exactly an electric hater, just used to hate glueing the carbon fibre to stop the lamination breaking down on the chassis top brace and shock tower's, I missed the noise of nitro and especially my gas in the winter, so please no electric and definitely no carbon fibre anywhere.
And please no silly scales, like the Traxxas white elephant, neither use nor ornament IMO, 'I do know one guy that has one, never managed to get passed 70mph accept one time and it crashed out, and he can not afford to repair it also said it was no fun being the only one running it', he should have known we have more places to run off than on road, I do not know anywhere locally for large scale the largest is 1/8th nitro touring car, they do some times run 1/5th on that track, so being down in the boon dock's definitely no where to run one, not even the more forgiving Traxxas 1/8th funny cars lol.
Back on the subject scale, and then there is Kyosho renowned for silly scale vehicle's yet another 1/7th, nice buggy but neither one size or the other.
I always wonder with the manufacturers as to why they do not at least agree on a particular scale in a particular format, as with Associated first with an 1/8th short course nitro truck second with electric SC then HPI Electric SC truck and buggy 1/8th, Thunder Tiger now have an 1/8th nitro SC truck, they tried like Tamiya a 1/12th SC truck. I thought HPI were going to bring out some 1/8th Gas hopefully,but not another Savage, IMO it has been flogged to death even with their new 8cc gas engine you will not be able to tempt me, no sign though even though they showed the Apache buggy with it in in Germany at the beginning of this year.
arthurdaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 07:02 AM   #13
Addict

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by arthurdaley View Post
I thought HPI were going to bring out some 1/8th Gas hopefully,but not another Savage, IMO it has been flogged to death even with their new 8cc gas engine you will not be able to tempt me, no sign though even though they showed the Apache buggy with it in in Germany at the beginning of this year.
I was told by a reliable source HPI doesn't even have a working prototype of the 1/8 scale gasser yet. If that's currently true, I doubt they'll release one before the year's end. Perhaps they shelved it in favor of a new 1/5 scale?
PegLeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 07:43 AM   #14
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PegLeg View Post
I was told by a reliable source HPI doesn't even have a working prototype of the 1/8 scale gasser yet. If that's currently true, I doubt they'll release one before the year's end. Perhaps they shelved it in favor of a new 1/5 scale?
One can hope, it would be nice to have a 4WD from HPI that is gas and not another Savage , I do not care that it is a long running very good seller, sometimes it is like a comfy but well worn pair of boot's comfortable but old, time for a change.
arthurdaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 08:18 AM   #15
I break shit

Garage

I pray to King Badger the 8th that it's a 2WD. 4WD is boring to drive.
badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 08:25 AM   #16
Addict

I'd like to see a 4x4 1/5th scale gas buggy, for sure! Kit form, pan chassis.
BallsoutBaja is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rclargescale.com/forum/tgn-distributing/8996-associated-large-scale-buggy-truck-how-would-you-build.html
Posted By For Type Date
Team Associated Large Scale 1/5 Scale - 1/6 Scale Soon - Large Scale News This thread Refback 09-26-2012 03:30 PM

Associated Large Scale Buggy or Truck. How would you build it? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
new to large scale but not rc Hillbillycrawler Introduce yourself 5 07-06-2012 02:00 PM
At what Scale is a vehicle considered Large Scale? LOST IN MN General Large Scale 11 02-03-2012 08:40 AM
Extremely Scale 5T Trophy truck build in RCA this month? motorbikemikexb9 HPI Baja 5SC / 5T 2 04-02-2010 06:46 PM
Large Scale R/C FAST FORWARD Chit Chat 2 02-11-2010 12:15 PM
New monster truck guy converting to large scale No Limit RC Introduce yourself 4 03-05-2009 07:39 PM