Registration to this forum is free! We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed
below. If you agree to the terms, please check the 'I agree' checkbox and press the 'Register' button below.
If you would like to cancel the registration, click here
to return to the forums index. Tech Sections
- The tech sections are for just that, threads/posts with some tech in them. Post your build threads, technical questions, how to's, etc.
- Tech should be related to radio control large scale vehicles only, please post in the relevant brand specific tech forum for your vehicle. If you do not see a specific brand of large scale vehicle forum listed then post your tech threads/questions in the General Large Scale forum, if there is enough interest and discussion about a large scale vehicle that does not have it's own sub forum we will create one to keep our tech organized.
- Post pictures of your get togethers, races, rc large scale trips, etc.
- In chit chat talk about whatever you like.
- If you have a link or picture that may be offensive, please mark it with something like NWS (not work safe) or 35f there are scantially clad people.
- There is absolutely no flaming allowed in the newbie section.
- Post your questions that you think there may be an answer for but you couldn't find it here.
- If we feel that you asked a question not worthy of the tech sections (like what car should I buy?) we will move your post to the newbie section.
- No "Bumping" your own thread or anyone else's.
- People can delete their own threads, when the item is sold.
- DO NOT DELETE your own thread and create a new thread for the same items, just to get your post to the top just because you change the price or some other detail. Edit your first post. This will be considered as you trying to "Bump" your thread and this WILL NOT BE TOLERATED AT ALL! If your caught doing such things, YOU WILL lose your rights to the "Classifieds" section for good.
- Threads older than 15 days, will be pruned and deleted from the system. After that time has passed feel free to relist your item if it has not sold.
- No links to a site where you are selling elsewhere-ebay, craiglist, other forums, etc are allowed, post a add here with all your information, otherwise it will be deleted and no notice will be given.
- No "Best Offer (BO)" allowed. Figure out a selling price you would accept and stick to it, this is not E-Bay. You can state a selling price, then have OBO after that.
- If your caught trying to bump your adds, you will be removed from the classifieds for 3 weeks.
ONCE AGAIN, DO NOT REPOST YOUR ADD TO GET IT TO THE TOP!!! YOU MUST WAIT 15 DAYS BEFORE DOING SO. I WILL NOT REMIND YOU, YOU WILL JUST BE REMOVED FROM THE CLASSIFIEDS.
- Do not put for sale or want ads in your signature.
- Do not put for sale or want ads in the tech sections.
- There are stickies describing the rules of for sale and wanted posts, read them or your ad will be deleted.
- Chit chatting in the Feedback section will result in a permanent removal form the classifieds.
- You can input any user or vendors name into the advanced search function and tell it to search in the "feedback" section. You'll find more than you need to know about the dealings with them going that route.
- If it's a vendor that has their own section in the "vendors" area, check that thread and most of them have a "feedback and questions" section that you can read about past customers thoughts regarding service and orders.
- Don't post up your opinion in a feedback thread if you do not have experience with the person(s) involved. No chit chat.
Supporting Member Information
- In order to sell your product on this site you must become a supporting vendor.
- RCLS will not allow anyone without a vendor star to create "feeler" threads to gauge interest on the product you are thinking about selling.
- Feeler threads will be deleted without notice. If you continue to create them you will be warned or given an infraction, then banned, not necessarily in that order.
- Please try to support the RCLS vendors whenever you can as they are doing the hobby a great service to bring you the best large scale specific parts available.
- There are lots of vendors in the Vendors Market section, search around in there.
- Vendors can post up product announcements with the technical details of the product in the relevant tech specific forum. Giveaway threads should be treated as a product announcement thread to promote and advertise your product. Please keep the pricing and availability out of these "tech" threads & forums.
- The Vendors Marketplace and individual vendor forums are for vendors to post their product "sales" threads that include price and availability of the product/'s. These threads typically turn into members asking when the item is available, posting up that they placed an order, the delivery speed of their order and possibly any questions on issues with the product. These type of threads do not add any technical value to our tech specific forums so we ask to keep them in the vendor forums.
- The purpose of this site is to promote the hobby of Radio Control Large Scale Racing and Bashing. Running the site and promoting events costs money, that's why we ask you to become a star holding member.
- There are three levels of supporting members. Green star, Gold star, and Blue (vendors) star.
- Please click here for more information on becoming a supporting member: Member Info
- The vendors on RCLS have lots of giveaways for supporting members, please see this thread for giveaway rules. Click Here
- Here are the current infractions we have.
Flaming Other Member(s)
Non vendor pimping products
Not following forum rules
Signature Rule Violation
- Most of these gives 1 point that lasts for 7 days, after 7 days the points go away. If before the points expire you get another of the same type of infraction it's penalty is added to the end of the first one. So if today I get one for flaming a member then tomorrow I get another one for the same thing, they actually won't expire for 13 days.
The non-vendor infraction lasts for 90 days.
If at any point a person gets 5 infractions they will be moved to a banned usergroup. This is a new usergroup that still allows then to look at the site, but they cannot post, ect. Basically it gives them the same permissions as someone that isn't logged in. Once their points drop back under 5 they will move to their original group.
- At the bottom left corner of each post is a triangle shaped white/red button. Use this to report something that you feel needs the moderators attention.
- RCLS is a fun place, we try not to keep people from having a good time so just remember a couple things.
1) You gotta be able to take some ribbing around here to survive.
2) Respect is earned, not deserved.
Those are key to a happy life on RCLS as I see it. 8)
- Use the search feature alot, there is an enormous amount of information here. Search before you post.
- Read the stickies at the top of each section, they are there for good reason.
- Certain forums do not count posts when posted in, so if you have posted in any of these forums, that is why your not seeing your post count increase.
The following forums do not add to your post count.
Comments, Suggestions, and Help
Regional (all regional sub forums)
- Don't think that a high post count makes you "cool" or respected. A person who posts a little good information will always be respected more than someone who posts a lot of garbage.
- Read this post if you want to post pictures. Click Here
- Pics should be no more than 800 pixels wide x 1200 pixels tall to keep upload times of the pages reasonable.
- Pictures (including avatars) should not be sexually suggestive or have any nudity.
- If yer not great with computers and can't resize pics here is a simple suggestion. Click Here
Thanks and enjoy,