Go Back   RCLargeScale.com > Large Scale General Tech > Paint and Body

Notices

Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Hemistorm Penta Body

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2012, 10:25 AM   #1
Addict

Default Hemistorm Penta Body

Has anyone used this body to race at the track? Just wondering how it is holding up during a race with other trucks smashing into it. My only concern is the back and front cage pieces being left in the open, and havin other trucks getting tangled in the wheels since they are exposed. I think the body is badass but dont want to kill it racing at the track, since this is the only time IM using the truck
Jones Auto is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-23-2012, 10:38 AM   #2
Addict

Garage
Default Re: Hemistorm Penta Body

Kooldeal has ran his on the track with other trucks.
Check and make sure olen wheeled rigs are allowed at your track before picking one up.
My truck is missing the rear part of the rear fenders and I've been hit on the rear bumper and had it jam up in the wheel and pretty much left my truck unable to move around the track.
Scope75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 10:40 AM   #3
Addict

Thats what I was worried about. Unless I make a plastic brace to tie into the front.
Old 06-23-2012, 10:43 AM   #4
Addict

Garage

That would work.
Old 06-23-2012, 11:10 AM   #5
Addict

I personally don't think its god for racing at all. The stock truck body protects the arms and bumpers too much not to have it there.

It might be good for bashing or sitting on the shelf.
Megadesertdiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 11:13 AM   #6
Addict

Yea definitely check your track rules. I didn't make it to diggers east nats because I didn't have rear fenders.
Kookdeal will probly chime in but he says his is holding up real good.
Should hold up even better if reinforced a little bit, if you search you'll find a video of it taking some good abuse and wrecks and it didn't seem phased at all even after a nasty head on.

All about having a good time
Antny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 11:35 AM   #7
Addict

Garage

The hemistorm body is badass but like mega said the stock body adds a lot of protection to the truck and the only way I'd race with a hemistorm body is if they made a open wheeled class so everyone running a open wheeled rig.
I'd like to pick up a HemiStorm body just for sand and dune use.
Old 06-23-2012, 12:40 PM   #8
Addict

Thanks for the input. I guess Ill wait for the Grafil body.
Old 06-23-2012, 04:59 PM   #9
Addict

I'm releasing some detachable fenders for the penta as soon as I'm back from my honeymoon to make it race legal in all classes. ;)
HemiStorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 05:04 PM   #10
Addict

Cool. I was wondering if you might do a kit for it, guess I know now. I'll will definitely be getting a set though.

All about having a good time
Antny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 09:01 PM   #11
Addict

That would be nice but whats the cost? The body is going to be really expensive after buying everything. Mabey give us an option? Fenders or open wheeled? I cant see spending close to 300 bucks on a body.

Last edited by Jones Auto; 06-23-2012 at 09:03 PM.
Old 06-24-2012, 01:38 AM   #12
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemistorm View Post
I'm releasing some detachable fenders for the penta as soon as I'm back from my honeymoon to make it race legal in all classes. ;)
Honeymoon I guess congrats are in order, so congrats it is, but really you have not got time for such frivolities, there are the light bars to be fabricated and packaged.
Have a good time and don't do anything I would not do ??.
arthurdaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 03:52 AM   #13
Addict

yes I am allowed to race at my tack on open wheels. other than collecting less crap inside it has helped or hurt my driving. if anything i can at least tell who i am now. i kept my stock body just for this issue. ohh while i think about it, i do get full shock travel on jumps as there is nothing to bind it up at the fender. i run 4 trencher rears for that little extra traction on craftwork extenders. Im no pro but keeps me in the pack on a stock 26 and that is all im after, just some fun. hemistorm, let me know when you send them to tgn so i can get pitdawg to dip them for me so I can run at diggers.
Kooldeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 04:36 AM   #14
Addict

almost got banned from l5f because I took this picture of the downpour we were having. I think it was kinda screwed up!

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 06-24-2012, 04:36 AM   #15
Addict

its sucks i cant participate on l5f and show my hard work on my personal truck. I personally love my penta body. I dont know what happened and I dont really car, but being warned over an accidental silhouette in a rain storm is kinda petty.
Old 06-24-2012, 04:37 AM   #16
Addict

no it was hbf, i cant keep up its kinda aggravating. sorry, just my vent for the day.
Old 06-24-2012, 05:42 AM   #17
Addict

Your not breaking anything with the wheels being exposed?
Old 06-24-2012, 06:44 AM   #18
Addict

Garage

Kooldeal I was banned from l5f the other day and no reason was given. Others have been having posts and pics deleted for no reason too so I'm not sure what the deal is over there.
Old 06-24-2012, 08:02 AM   #19
Addict

actually no, i prefer the open wheel it really helps from debris collecting on the wheel well and inside. Im not saying its perfect and WILL climb a fence (kool to see) but yes, personally I drive better open wheel.

Scope! you were the best contributor on l5f, you really got it rolling imo. What the heck is going on over there! I just cant agree the personal battles are effecting the loyal users, I mean I got my Tshirt and pay my share. Ill just have to spend more time here and addicts I guess. Sucks cause the license plates was keeping this summer paid for.
Old 06-24-2012, 08:08 AM   #20
Addict

Jones, I bent a front right dog bone on my very first transponder race, but I am am new to racing. I come from strictly a basher background due to the wheelchair. I have plenty of horrific crashes but I still have not broke any major parts. Honestly I bent the same bone at east coast nats on stock body, from over hitting the back wall. But since my track put a ramp on our race podium and diggers dungeon lifts me up in a forklift I jumped in. I always place last, but I hold my own in the pack and I have fun. Have fun....period

Hemistorm Penta Body - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Release Hemistorm Losi 5IVE-T Penta Body - Class 1 TGNman Losi 5ive-T 95 12-02-2012 08:05 AM
Vendor Giveaway #10 Hemistorm Losi 5ive-T Penta Body LOST IN MN Losi 5ive-T 467 06-22-2012 06:02 AM
Dave will you be selling the new Hemistorm Penta Body for the Losi 5IVE-T driffter DDM DavesMotors.com 12 05-19-2012 07:42 AM
New Release Hemistorm Losi 5IVE-T Penta Body - Class 1 HemiStorm Hemistorm 0 03-25-2012 07:38 AM
How about a contest for the new Hemistorm Penta Body for the Losi 5IVE-T ? driffter Hemistorm 0 03-23-2012 08:25 AM