Go Back   RCLargeScale.com > Regional > Southwest > Oklahoma

Notices

Thread: I know your out there...somewhere.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2011, 11:56 AM   #1
Addict

Default I know your out there...somewhere.

Hello. I know there are a few guys around Oklahoma with 5th scales. We need to get together for some fun. I've got a couple good spots here in OKC, or I can come check out where you like to run. If your interested, just let me know by posting something here.
upDUHcreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-28-2011, 05:56 PM   #2
Addict

Gonna' run some tomorrow. I've got to start breaking my new engine in sometime.
Old 02-28-2011, 06:49 PM   #3
Banned

well im in oklahoma but no where to run and a broken baja (yet again so much for hpi QC )
lordraptor1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 08:33 PM   #4
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordraptor1 View Post
well im in oklahoma but no where to run and a broken baja (yet again so much for hpi QC )
What did you break, and what were you doing to break it
DarkSoul Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 09:55 PM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by darksoul Racing View Post
What did you break, and what were you doing to break it
this time it was teh plastic servo arm stripped out, as far as what i am doing to break it? simply trying to run it half throttle in a wide open field. my baja has been a big quality control nightmare since i got it in december and has been a big money pit. right now i need rear shock boots and the metal servo arm for my sfl servo and seeing as i am running shock cover AND shockwear i have no idea how teh shock boot ripped so i am just chalking it up to another QC issue. i had some darksoul axle extenders on my list but they got shot down along with everythng else (except servo arm and shock boots) due to not having enough funds this month
Old 03-16-2011, 02:00 AM   #6
Racer

another Okie here, from Foyil, Oklahoma
Lan-Ed-Tul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 10:31 AM   #7
Banned

heres teh current list of broken parts on my baja, all are stock parts and still working with hpi on teh issues.

clutch shoes and clutch shoe bolts, clutch shoe bolts are wore and had what appeared to be rust build up on them, 1 clutch shoe has bluing from overheating and pad with excessive wear (up to and including some of the pad on the shoe is flakign off). other shoe looks normal (seems like it was not engaging teh clutch bell, ( i think i saved teh tr steel clutch bell though ), both dogbones broke the pin (diff side), they broke off in a strange manner, the pins didnt brake flush with the bone they broke off inside the bones).

going to see what hpi can do for me right now because i still have plans to go flm ext arms and flm ext cvd's first of teh month if budget permits, i have already upgraded the diff to a TR diff saver with HD diff gear and FLM hardened outdrive cups (i noticed teh broken dogbone pins when i tore teh diff apart to install teh TR diff saver, quick diff, and hd diff gear)

also to darksoul's question, nothing special on the running, just trying to run it around little bit i still have yet to even tune the carb on it because i cannot even run it through a full tank before some stock part breaks, totall i have put maybe 4 or 5 HALF tanks of fuel through the engine.

Last edited by lordraptor1; 03-16-2011 at 10:34 AM.
Old 03-16-2011, 03:34 PM   #8
Racer

really from sounds of it, looks like the hpi you got was a lemon. im sure that dont mean they all are, but i guess you got that 1 in a million duds.
Old 03-16-2011, 03:43 PM   #9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lan-Ed-Tul View Post
really from sounds of it, looks like the hpi you got was a lemon. im sure that dont mean they all are, but i guess you got that 1 in a million duds.
i have been thinking that exact same thing since janurary when i started sinking money into it fixing and replacing parts. the current tally of funds spent in teh past 3 months is $1722.00 in repair parts and upgrades, it would have been more but hpi has replaced some of the parts that failed under warranty. what was originally planned was to bling it out but not anymore.
Old 03-16-2011, 04:12 PM   #10
Racer

yah by time you done, youll have a whole new truck with all the parts your replacing. i know, its not funny.
Old 03-16-2011, 05:38 PM   #11
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lan-Ed-Tul View Post
yah by time you done, youll have a whole new truck with all the parts your replacing. i know, its not funny.
correct ad no i am not happy about it, with the way i am going i could have just built one from aftermarket and hd parts and probably came out cheaper. sorry but i dont think teh cash i am out is offset enough by hpis customer service and support
Old 09-16-2011, 10:47 PM   #12

is that it? 3 people, come on, there has to be more.
bigmudbronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 01:19 PM   #13

Default Re: I know your out there...somewhere.

i kno that this is a little late but i just got my 5b ss built and will be breaking it in tomorrow just wanted to put my name on the list for the okies. im in t-town. i figure next pay check id pick up some paddles and hit the sand at the dam at keystone have not found any other places besides the back pasture of my dads place ... i am gonna try to talk him into letting me build a track out there.
Tulsa offroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 08:18 PM   #14

I'm just about to move to OKC I'm June. By then I'll be looking to race!
MAC_Addy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 02:34 PM   #15
Addict

Well, I'm sorry to have to tell you this, but there isn't anyone here in OKC racing 5th scales...yet. I hope you've got some smaller RCs to race. There's an awsome offroad track in Yukon, which is just west of OKC, that races 8th scale nitros and electrics, as well as 10th scale electric SCTs. The track is operated by Oklahoma Nitro Club, and I'm trying to get them to let us start racing 5th scales there. Also, if you're into circle track racing, there's a place in Muskogee Oklahoma that runs 5th and quarter scales on a dirt circle track. The place is called Coody Creek Speedway, and they also race go-karts there too. When you get to their site, just click one of the links for RC cars. Other than that, the only thing to do here in OKC with a 5th scale is to bash. Luckily we've got some seriously cool places for that.

I don't spend much time on this site these days, but I subscribed to this thread so that I'll be able to respond more quickly to any questions you have about OKC and the RC scene here.
Old 02-04-2015, 10:14 AM   #16

Trying to make contact with some 5th scale guys out there, Brad
sailaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 06:37 PM   #17

This post looks like dead from the beginning. Is there any more interested 1/5th bashers out there yet?
RustyM573 is offline   Reply With Quote