Go Back   RCLargeScale.com > Regional > Northeast > New Hampshire

Notices

Thread: Baja Owners of NH

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2013, 09:29 AM   #1

Post Baja Owners of NH

Hope this does better than the Losi thread.

Anyone in NH with a Baja?? Where do you run?? Good place for parts??
jtinkham is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-20-2013, 05:59 PM   #2

Default Re: Baja Owners of NH

Whats up ,i live in loudon nh i have a few spots but am looking for more and the only place i buy parts is ddm the local hobby shop can get some but not much,im waiting for my gizmomotors rcmk full mod (7.5 hp 4ft pounds tq) motor to come in the mail tomorrow super exited !!hit me up with your info i have a small crew in nh to run with
187bajass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 08:06 AM   #3

Still putting my truck together, having some electronics issues. Steering servo doesn't like to come back to center and I get an odd buzz from the TB servo. Got some ideas for where to run around here but haven't done any real scoping out yet. I've hit up killer rc and team fasteddy for stuff but that's it so far... Can't wait to actually get this running and tear up some fields
Old 02-23-2013, 05:12 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtinkham View Post
Still putting my truck together, having some electronics issues. Steering servo doesn't like to come back to center and I get an odd buzz from the TB servo. Got some ideas for where to run around here but haven't done any real scoping out yet. I've hit up killer rc and team fasteddy for stuff but that's it so far... Can't wait to actually get this running and tear up some fields
what servo is it stock? i run the savox 0236 with a killer rc lipo with 550oz i dont ever have a problem as for upgrades ive already gone off the deep end ,dont worry it wont take long for you to find very few stock parts left hit me up with your info sometime and well get together when the weayhers good
Old 02-24-2013, 10:35 AM   #5

Took the truck (at least as much as I have together so far) and radio down to RC Buyers Warehouse in Nashua yesterday. Let them see/hear what was going on. We're agreed the stock steering servo is hosed, it's the HPI SFL-11. Going to do some looking now for a replacement, thinking about the Hitec 5755MG. What I thought was the other issue turns out to be my lack of experience with digital servos, just normal ops.

What I've got so far;
SC SS LE & 26CC (was supposed to be Fuelie26 but not labeled that way) from largescalerc
Airtronic M11X with 94770 servo for throttle
6V 5100mAh Ni-MH
Super Bee kill switch & imaxRC B6AC Balance Charger from killer rc
Shims, pipe clamp, dogbone/tranny grease, pro bearings & alloy front cones from team fasteddy

Eventually want the team chase cage but will wait for that.

I'll check out that savox while I'm looking at the Hitec
Old 02-24-2013, 11:39 AM   #6

did you get my pm?
Old 02-25-2013, 12:32 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 187bajass View Post
did you get my pm?
Yup - just replied... sorry
Old 02-25-2013, 12:34 PM   #8

Didn't find any good options that didn't also require upgrading the battery, which I don't want to do right now. So called HPI, replacement servo on its way no questions asked. Not bad service
Old 02-25-2013, 03:22 PM   #9

it wont be long before the new hpi servo will be junk again ,trust me ,and there are plenty of better servo options with out going to lipo ,only HV servos need lipo the majority of upgrade servos are 6v, ive got a spare venom 5000mah 6v hump pack if you want it, what batt. are you running now?
Also are you running the stock clutch carrier and stock pinion/clutch bell if so you will need to upgrade right away or you will be snapping pinion bolts left and right (gets to be a real pain in the ass) i went with the turtle racing clutch set up its a must i and everbody i know found out the hard way
Old 02-26-2013, 08:57 AM   #10

Currently have a 5100mAh Ni-MH 6V hump (Dynamite 6V 5100mAh Ni-MH 5C Hump Rx Pack:Baja, 5B, 5T, 2.0 (DYN1442))

The only non-stock things in the clutch area are the team fasteddy bearings and the HPI Slipper clutch (actually that comes with the LE edition). I assume you mean you're using either gt26x+gt27x or gt272x+gt27x yes?? Something like that may still fit the budget especially if it'll recoup in saved replacement parts.

Got a for-instance on the servo?? I might have gone with the Hitec 5755MG if I could have found a good (trustworthy) source but can only find them on eBay and don't want to end up with used trash. The Hitec replacement for the 5755 (the 5765) doesn't make the same torque at 6V that the 5755 does (which as far as I can see is the same as the SFL-11) I'm open to suggestions here, but also running out of budget for the initial build. HPI is replacing the stock no cost so at least it would be a spare. I didn't get any feedback on my other thread that asked about this so I can only go with published specs, I'd love real world input and suggestions. My radio can use either analog or digital servos, not fixated on either just want a good set of servos that'll run the truck and not break the first dozen times out. I've wanted to stay at or above stock torque on steering having the restriction of 6V power source.
Old 02-26-2013, 04:19 PM   #11

you got a pm

Baja Owners of NH - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
hello fellow baja owners mastiso3 Introduce yourself 0 08-22-2010 04:53 PM
Baja owners in Catonsville MD aera losirevo2 HPI Baja 5SC / 5T 2 05-11-2010 07:48 PM
Western Washington Baja owners? ScoutGuy Chit Chat 8 02-10-2010 01:04 AM
Whats Fellow Baja Owners! bongloaded Introduce yourself 5 05-24-2009 10:07 PM
Hi to all the Baja owners Tippy Introduce yourself 2 02-16-2009 12:27 AM