Go Back   RCLargeScale.com > Large Scale Brand Specific Tech > Motorcycles

Notices

Thread: RC Dirt Bike Action

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2013, 11:24 AM   #1

Garage
Exclamation RC Dirt Bike Action

I put this in the 'introduce yourself' forum, but seems worthy of posting it here too (I dont normally cross post lol)...

HI EVERYONE! My name is John and Im very passionate about rc dirt bikes, with 1/4 scale being the predominate scale, which I hope can be considered "large scale" for this site. I got into the hobby about 2 yrs ago and saw a real lack of internet presence to support the hobby and those who are interested. Im the only one who has made a website, facebook, and youtube pages dedicated to the hobby. Not tooting my horn, just saying Im passionate and will help the hobby any way I can. I think rc dirt bikes has had a bad rap and in the past it seemed warranted due to the lack of stability, however, with the development of electric rear gyros (e-gyro) flywheels in the back wheel, these bikes, like Atomik's MM450 are showing huge improvments in performance. Anyways, I saw some guys recently posting on this site about rc dirt bikes and felt like joining in and supporting them. Thank you,

http://www.rcdirtbikeaction.com/
http://www.facebook.com/RCDirtBikeAction
http://www.youtube.com/user/RCDirtBikeAction

(PS - Im right in the middle of a full rebuild of my bike, the VMX450, which I upgraded with the e-gyro among other mods so as soon as I see the graphics for the replica bike I want to do from Anaheim Round 1 of supercross tomorrow, I'll post my bike up in another thread.)
John

Last edited by RCDirtBikeAction; 01-05-2013 at 12:16 AM. Reason: added links to my pages
RCDirtBikeAction is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-2013, 09:13 PM   #2
Addict

Default Re: RC Dirt Bike Action

welcome John. All I can say is these bikes are a kick in the ass.
I haven't had this much fun since I got my losi.
gofasterracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 12:13 AM   #3

Garage

Thats great your having a blast. Atomik really set things right when they fixed the issues with its previous bike the VMX450, by adding the e-gyro. Night and day difference.
Since Im hear, let me test posting up a picture. This is my bike from 2011 after I got it. Took about 2 months. Its a replica of Ryan Villopoto's 2010 bike before he went out and won 2 championships, so yeah I helped him win haha. I just got a new body and the mm450 deegan rider because he is actually made with stiffer material than my original "Vinnie" which means more consistent behavior of bike for you new mm450 guys. Anyways, I got a lot to work to do but will start a new thread so just testing forum upload here. (Well, not aloud to upload apparently so just linking from my website for now )
Click the image to open in full size.
RCDirtBikeAction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 01:39 AM   #4
TeK
Racer

Man I just watched your youtube video and it was killer. Looks like a perfect track for it. Friends with a guy that has the new rear gyro waiting to go on his bike. Damn the snow though so I don't see it happening anytime soon. Wouldn't mind getting one, would be pretty cool to see a few of them on a track at a time.
TeK is offline   Reply With Quote

RC Dirt Bike Action - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Atomik MM450 1/4 scale dirt bike WValtakis2 Motorcycles 57 05-20-2013 02:41 PM
Hi from RC Dirt Bike Action RCDirtBikeAction Introduce yourself 10 01-04-2013 05:46 PM
My Atomik Metal Mulisha 450 RC Dirt Bike badger Motorcycles 35 12-31-2012 12:28 AM
My New Mountain Bike robmob Chit Chat 6 12-23-2012 07:48 AM
Shock Mod: dirt bike motorheads weigh in. Tommy's_Toys HPI Baja 5B 25 01-15-2010 08:10 PM