Go Back   RCLargeScale.com > Large Scale Brand Specific Tech > Losi 5ive-T

Notices

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Kuau

Thread: LOSI Mini Wrc

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2015, 06:27 PM   #1

Default LOSI Mini Wrc

I'm I the only one around with a wrc mini? ?Anyone else has one ?
onefastmini80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-12-2015, 09:50 PM   #2

Default Re: LOSI Mini Wrc

I do.
just got it a few weeks ago.
Kuau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 11:27 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuau View Post
I do.
just got it a few weeks ago.
How do you like yours ??Any mods yet ??I already moodded mine up..I have nine for 3 months and actaully started to use it 3 weeks ago.After 1 tank the tires were bold.lol.
Old 06-13-2015, 03:39 PM   #4

I like mine a lot. I know the car has not gotten much love, though I am a huge Mini fan to start with so It just made perfect sense to me.
I am really not a truck kinda guy.
I have done some mods, the usual Losi 5ive T stuff from Losi, I just put on last night a Bartolone Tuned pipe, wow, it looks great but is it LOUD as ever.
Maybe a mistake. The breaks are terrible IMHO I have the MIP brake set but have yet to have installed it.
I just ordered the Rocket Stand from axlsrc.com, and there new swivel thing, not cheap but when I compared it to the yet to be shipping Dynamite Stand that is half the cost, it just looked cheap to me.
It looks like most of the 5ive T stuff will work on it.
I attached a picture of mine. crappy cell phone shot. LOL.
Don't worry in the photo it looks like I have a ton of toe adjustment, it's just the cell photo distorting it.
I totally screwed up though. When I went to install the LOSI Aluminum Front Top Chassis Brace I had forgotten to install the Alum Servo Saver Arm, so what happened was after installing the Top Brace, I had used Locktite on all the screws, well as you can see in the photo I could not remove one of the screws and stripped the head and to ad insult to injury I tried using a ball head style tip and that snapped off. So no I have to drill out the dam screw...
I had no idea how strong the Losi TLR locktite was.

Oh well I think i will wait to do any more work on it until I get my stand....

Click the image to open in full size.
CraftWerks-RC and SteveB like this.
Kuau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 06:17 PM   #5

Looks great bro.I'm not a bartolone pipe fan due to his low to mid power gains and lacks top end.I got the victory big bore non silenced and it sounds wicked.Low end actaully picked up but mid and top is a huge increase increase with bacnchee like feel powerband.I'm running slicks ,different springs ,thicker shock oil,super bee which you need to get asap ,dxc4 ,and a rmck full mod 30.5cc ready to get droped in amd also have 3 other motors to test out like a reed amd some others after I get bored of the stock 29cc.The stock motor is pretry powerful and impressed me actaully .I deactivated the avs as it hold to muvh power bsck.I myself I'm not a truck either sold my losi 5t ,pos dbxl and my 2 bajas.I might be buying a fg bmw m3 maybe but been having fun with the mini.As far as the brakes there great you need to adjust them properally there the remote and plates .

Last edited by onefastmini80; 06-13-2015 at 06:20 PM.
Old 06-13-2015, 08:43 PM   #6

To be honest that pipe sit's horrible ,your pipe sits way to close to the throttle servo ,rear diff and probably sits way to close on the plastics and roll cage I bet you.Sorry being honest.
Old 06-21-2015, 05:48 AM   #7
Addict

loctite is your friend. just use a dot of it and heat up with little torch or a good soldering iron before removing.grind a flat on the bolt with a dremel and heat it up and it will come out.
auto2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 10:11 AM   #8
Addict

Get some mip drivers. I had some striped screws and my buddy had some mip drivers. They got the screw out and i threw all my old allen tools away. And that bartolone pipe is perfect for the mini. The batterys rear end and throttle servo dont get hot from it.
Elhombre999 is offline   Reply With Quote

LOSI Mini Wrc - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New 1/5 losi wrc mini rally mooman007uk Losi 5ive-T 8 02-04-2014 11:30 AM
Losi 5IVE MINI WRC 4WD Rally Exposed TGNman TGN Distributing 0 01-29-2014 09:00 AM
Losi 8IGHT Mini Killer RC Non Large Scale RC's 3 10-24-2013 10:15 PM
Skunkworks Losi Mini Crawler Build Brice_Arnold Chit Chat 9 01-31-2009 07:33 AM
Losi Mini Crawler mods DarkSoul Racing Chit Chat 16 01-29-2009 10:24 AM