Go Back   RCLargeScale.com > Large Scale Brand Specific Tech > HPI Baja 5SC / 5T

Notices

Thread: new engine what to get

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2014, 06:32 PM   #1

Default new engine what to get

my truck seems to be running hot and doesn't hold a tune any longer wont idle for more than 30 seconds.

I want to get a 30.5cc any suggestions without breaking the bank and what is the normal operating temp for these trucks? thanks!
Bajhaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-19-2014, 07:19 PM   #2
Addict

Garage
Default Re: new engine what to get

If it doesn't hold idle, lean out the low needle slightly. Read the manual. Best engine for the money is Zenoah G320RC.
PegLeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 10:50 PM   #3

What is the difference between a zenoah engine and a cheaper ones like I've seen fuelie 30.5cc for $170.
Bajhaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 12:13 AM   #4
Addict

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bajhaha View Post
What is the difference between a zenoah engine and a cheaper ones like I've seen fuelie 30.5cc for $170.
2-bolt head vs 4-bolt head. Better cylinder wall plating on the Zenoah.
PegLeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 11:21 AM   #5
Addict

Also the cheap 4 bolt's are just as bad, not so long ago I had a moment of madness and bought one of the cheapest 4 to run in my 5SC, I like my power and it did not disappoint what was disappointing was the exhaust manifold bolt kept coming loose, on closer inspection the thread in both was so fine there was not enough to tighten to, I used helicoil's to replace thread in the exhaust port. Final straw after flywheel exploded causing more damage, but the plug flying out the head was the final straw, all this took 30 tank's. So it really is a case you get what you pay for. Me back to silly but usable power I have always said that anything more than 45/50cc is ualess if you want proof just go to You Tube and see the carnage of the big guns back flipping or destroying transmission's wheel's suspension and any body work takes a big hit, so I went for the EVO RC40CC for my Losi 5ive-T a OBR 38cc Widowmaker in my 5SC and a BZM 28.5cc TT in my 5T Kraken RC Class 1 Baja buggy and all are running great with not one niggle you really do get what you pay for, as for my favorite hard to say they all work differently and in different vehicles. But if i really had to say it is in my favorite vehicle my LOSI 5ive-T so it is the Scott Finlay performance EVO RC 40.
arthurdaley is offline   Reply With Quote