Go Back   RCLargeScale.com > Large Scale Brand Specific Tech > HPI Baja 5B

Notices

Thread: Ground up custom build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2018, 10:37 PM   #1

Smile Ground up custom build

Ok so after looking around etc, not happy with what I've been seeing. So I am building a GROUND UP CUSTOM ONE OF A KIND BUILD!!! I downloaded manuals to build, and if anyone has great track setup sheets please PM ME, But I've reached out to long time friends in the hobby.

This will be a very eventful thread, in which I plan to do same build threads on 5-6 other forums..
I will ve reviewing each part to the smallest detail, I have bearings sorted out, Ceramics, The OND Widow Maker, how ever haven't decided on pip a/c or most importantly the CLUTCH!!

All pics will be taken with 5K GoPro Action Cam, As well as video's when done, and as I build ill make videos , introducing all optional parts, for to help all newcomers, etc, ill edit alot out, but will make some love videos,
I already am a Beta Tester for Fluke Electronics/Inficon?Appion and other brands for my trade, Commercial HVAC...

So any and all suggestions are welcomed don't want this to be a , well this is better than that, I ordered those 2 Hitec Blue steering<waterproof> Servo's already,

So ill need to start with a great chassis, and go from there, all opinions given, I will research, and decide which too go with, I have a couple Heavy Hitters in my corner, on this project to assist and guide me, as well as PLENTY of people on this forum who I now personally, and have raced with for MANY YEARS
Been Racing 1/8 On-Road 20 years also 1/8 Off-Road, for 15, and electrics of alll types...

So if any Manufactures want to help with build please PM me, I will keep that info protected, even if none help out, Will be awesome exposure for your products, If Fluke Trusts me with 30k EASILY worth of gear, in which ive done similar, im sure you guys can help to, I am building a dedicated You Tube, for this and all Custom Future builds,
My goal is to have a rock Solid Buggy, and SAVE others lots of $$$ this thread /build has no time limit, as like I said I will be researching products , daily...

Pics every time some new part comes in, along with great detail/professional pics on all parts, To again, help the most important guys in the hobby THE NEW GUYS!!!So please don't hold back start feeding this forum, and IT WILL BLOSSOM!!! Into something I think at this time, I cannot even imagine.
Dont be upset when buy's not done in 2 months please, as there ALOT of my time going into this, and I have a demanding full time job to take care of 3 children a heavy mortgage, and a 130lb Rottweiler, pure breed...

So Feed the forum, ill be up late,Researching whats first to build in manual, thats how the tempo will be set!!, If & When, I acquire other products farther down build, due to sales etc, I will review the, quickly, and when the time comes, fo a full on review!!
And looking into what parts at that time, ill be researching /testing first!!!
THANKYOU,
Lets ALL make this a GREAT THREAD IN WHICH others can see what products are out there, and finally, how they perform, might be going with the stock lost shocks as well, they seem beefy, I'm sure different springs, possible shafts, I will be using ALL LOSI oils, unless otherwise I find something better!!!
Been on r/c tech FOR YEARS SAME NAME, AND EXCELLENT REP.....
Thanks again!![/SIZE]
. :tire:[/B]
TOMMYBLAZIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-15-2018, 07:03 AM   #2
Addict

Garage
Default Re: Ground up custom build

There is nothing WRONG with buying a RTR large scale. Building one up from aftermarket parts is going to cost you a lifetime of headache's. There is no one better part from another. Start with a RTR and drive it . Then replace parts as they break.
king quarterscale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 12:52 PM   #3
Addict

Garage

????????????????????????????????
Old 04-02-2018, 05:19 PM   #4
Addict

Garage

??????????????????????????????????? still nothing

Ground up custom build - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Custom 1:5 Brushless Short Course Build twissted Videos! 0 05-18-2014 02:29 PM
62cc Custom Build Skopod Mr. Xtreme Losi 5ive-T 2 05-11-2012 06:06 PM
How to put the power to the ground gofasterracing Tires and Wheels 10 05-08-2012 09:48 AM
Skid plates and roof plate by Baja 5B Custom Build FastEddy HPI Baja 5B 0 12-02-2008 03:13 PM