Go Back   RCLargeScale.com > Races, Events and Tracks > Races > Hostile Bajafest

Notices

Thread: BajaFest 2009 "The Birth of 1/5 scale HPI Oval Racing"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2011, 08:14 AM   #1
Addict

Thumbs up BajaFest 2009 "The Birth of 1/5 scale HPI Oval Racing"

This is a a short bit Retro, but I wanted to add this anyway. 2009 was my first trip to Bajafest & I had purposely built my car for the EDM oval racing. In getting there, I was amazed at the facility, & couldn't wait to get racing. No doubt that the oval EDM class dominated the attention of everyone there. The entire event was great, but the speeds & cool bodies in this specific class made for one Awesome show.

I've done quite a bit of racing in different forms, but this was the absolute most fun I've had on a race track. Doing well help that a bit too, but regardless this is big fun, with just a big of speeds. Most of the drivers were very good as well, but by finals time, you had better have your car ready & your driving shoes on.

My personal best record for an event. 1st heat finished 2nd - 2nd heat finished 1st - A-Main finished a close second to Mr. Hostile Rob himself. It was an event & set of races I'll never forget. My freebie GO Pro camera ( Thanks to Hostile Hobby / Baja Modifiers ) even come in handy. With different angles on video, I had to do some editing & create one killer race video. Look for more new ideas & camera angles for this coming season ...

1st Qualifier -

A-main race -

1st half-
2nd half

The BajaFest Experience has Tons of Action & something for everyone.

Last edited by looker2756; 03-14-2011 at 08:16 AM.
looker2756 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-15-2011, 05:24 AM   #2
Addict

Very nice post. I missed the first year there but was able to attend the next two and will be there this year. The oval is awsome. We had such a great time racing the past two years. Here is a pic of this years car all painted looking pretty.

Click the image to open in full size.

It's a Ronco Racing V2 body with a few custom modifications for a lower leaner look.

Last edited by Under dog; 03-15-2011 at 05:26 AM.
Under dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 11:13 AM   #3
Racer

Thanks for posting the awesome vids Bob! Pretty cool to see how the track has evolved. Just wait until you see the new changes and upgrades for this year. :)

I look forward to seeing you again in 2011 for some more good times!
Hostile Racing Products is offline   Reply With Quote

BajaFest 2009 "The Birth of 1/5 scale HPI Oval Racing" - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Samba "Buzz Saw" tuned pipe for HPI baja Angel C General Large Scale 5 09-21-2009 09:13 PM
DDM Dominator® "FAST" Pipe for HPI Baja 5b/5t GRIZZLY HPI Baja 5B 2 07-22-2009 07:11 AM
Team FastEddy "Race Series" Rear Turnbuckles for the HPI Baja 5B and 5T FastEddy HPI Baja 5B 3 06-19-2009 09:29 AM
DarkSoul Racing "MeatyMount" HD servo adapter DarkSoul Racing DarkSoul Racing 10 06-04-2009 10:29 PM
CraftWerks-RC "Scale" Lighted Buggy Whip for the HPI Baja 5B/5T CraftWerks-RC CraftWerks-RC 0 01-30-2009 07:38 AM