Notices

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By robmob

Thread: Penta spacers.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2013, 02:14 PM   #1
Addict

Default Penta spacers.

Well I picked up one of your losi body's. why are the spacers small than the holes on the body. I bought the whole body kit fenders and all. I'm not complaing but I just don't understand. Why I have to add extra stuff like longer screws for the longer spacers. They should come with the body.
Joedex9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-10-2013, 02:52 PM   #2
Addict

Default Re: Penta spacers.

And you really have to push and pull on the body to try and get it to fit and the holes just are way off. I'm kind of disappointed. It's an awesome body looks great. But for 280.00 it just doesn't line up right looks real funny. Even the number plate is bowed out on the right side. I just shouldn't have to cut file and such.
Old 02-10-2013, 03:44 PM   #3
Addict

Hello Joe, the spacers are smaller because it allows you, if you choose so, to thread a screw in the top and the bottom, since you will have at least two spares when fitting the body. As for fitting issues, I've heard on a few occasions that the holes in the rear section need slight adjustment. If you need to hack and file, you are doing something wrong. In which case by the way, you can always send me a PM, and I will be more than happy to assist you. ;)

I don't know where you bought your penta, but it should have costed you 260 dollars at the very most.
HemiStorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 05:12 PM   #4
Addict

Ya your right 260. But its still 260. I was just bringing it to your attention that the holes were real off. But I have to make the holes a little wider and use some washers. I just don't really care for having to mod when I shouldn't really have too.
Old 02-10-2013, 05:14 PM   #5
Addict

Remember no two cages are the same. I'm the first aftermarket supplier to deliver a pre trimmed body. If holes need to be slightly reamed, yes, that can be possible. If you aren't satisfied with your purchase, feel free to return it.
Old 02-11-2013, 12:54 AM   #6
Addict

Dear hemistorm,

Joedex9 has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - penta spacers. - in the hemistorm forum of RCLargeScale.com.

This thread is located at:
http://www.rclargescale.com/forum/he...-new-post.html

Here is the message that has just been posted:
No no. I'm happy. That's why I hate texting or messaging. You don't have the feel for the context in which I'm saying it. I'm happy you came out with something. I'm going to keep it. But let's say you get home and for what ever reason something you bought wasn't totally perfect you would be a little disappointed. However you have done a great job. I hate trimming body's and reaming holes but maybe you shouldn't pre drill the holes. I just wish I could paint. I'm gonna have to go with a 3color paint job. But keep making stuff I can buy and complain about.

There may also be other replies, but you will not receive any more notifications until you visit the forum again.

All the best,
RCLargeScale.com
Old 02-11-2013, 01:22 PM   #7
Made in.....

I can't tell on tapatalk. I'll look into it when I get home.
HemiStorm likes this.
robmob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:04 PM   #8
Addict

Garage

How long have you been driving your Losi Joe? Is is a new Chassis and roll cage?
Aasved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:13 AM   #9
Addict

Ya it's brand new. I've just been upgrading it. Give me something to do during the winter. I was talking to peg about the whole spacer thing. And I was looking at my roll cage and I'm sad to say its tweaked a little. I would have to say this is the cause of the holes not lining up. So I'll apologize for over reacting a little. You know how it goes with rc and all the makers of these parts. Sometimes things don't even line up. It's not a big deal. In this case it's losi's problem. My front diff is even leaking I have to call them about that. I never even kicked the engine on. But I'm having fun and can't wait till the weather breaks and get out and punish this thing.

Penta spacers. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
PROPER Motor mount spacers? Vinny73 Losi 5ive-T 12 05-27-2012 05:22 PM
MOTOR Mounting Screw Spacers FangsCPO Losi 5ive-T 9 05-24-2012 07:50 PM
hub spacers.2,3,4,degree ctdave HPI Baja 5B 6 04-21-2010 06:06 AM