Notices

Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Yama Buggy - Repairs, upgrades, mods and anything else

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2012, 04:57 PM   #421

Default Re: Yama Buggy - Repairs, upgrades, mods and anything else

Quote:
Originally Posted by crf150 View Post
Hi, I have been having problems with my Yama, It came through the post on Friday last week and I ran it in and started taking it round my field. After this I picked up the back end whilst it was still running and throttled it twice for about 3 seconds each time. Whilst I was throttling it the second time the engine cut out and I haven't bin able to start it at all now, could anyone give me some tips ? I have been private messaging laggingbehind and getting some pointers off of him but I am not sure wether to send it back to nitrotek to get it looked at. I would appreciate your help, thanks
hi m8 so what you done so far to try and sort the problem out?
Scotty8920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-23-2012, 07:40 AM   #422
Addict

i have tried a few things, i have took the spark plug out only for a little bit and put it back in but it still didnt start, i then tried dazzas method of screwing in both high and low carb screws pull it for 30 and screwed them out 1.5 turns each, still didnt work and laggingbehind told me to leave the spark plug out fpr the night, but i have left it out for 2 ngihts now as i forgot to do it. but that is all that i have tried. but i am debating wether to send it back to nitrotek. thanks

Last edited by crf150; 03-23-2012 at 09:05 AM.
crf150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 11:08 AM   #423
Basher

Angry Re: Yama Buggy - Repairs, upgrades, mods and anything else

Crf15... Send it back and save the 300 quid. I nearly badly injured a memeber of my family today but thanks to god it missed. Hears the story. Thought I'd take it for a little run all going well. Tuned it a little going well. But then coming down my garden I touched the brake but weirdly it wasn't. It then all of a sudden shot to full throttle a just missed a member of my family.it hit the shed and done a few flips. Checked it out broken left suspension arm again. The screw that goes into the rear upper arm came out. The rear dogbone I think had sheared a little metal. Quickly repaired these but then I decided to try the engine. Hard to start but finally did only for 5 seconds after which it cut out. Gave it little throttle on the next start up and left the throttle on for while but engine just cut out again after like 15 seconds. Got pissed so I just put it away now. Man the hatred I am feeling towards my yama is unexplainable. Really considering sellin mine and buying a shengqi or might even buy nitro. Someone help mme on my problems.
moe-hpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 12:09 PM   #424

Quote:
Originally Posted by moe-hpi View Post
Crf15... Send it back and save the 300 quid. I nearly badly injured a memeber of my family today but thanks to god it missed. Hears the story. Thought I'd take it for a little run all going well. Tuned it a little going well. But then coming down my garden I touched the brake but weirdly it wasn't. It then all of a sudden shot to full throttle a just missed a member of my family.it hit the shed and done a few flips. Checked it out broken left suspension arm again. The screw that goes into the rear upper arm came out. The rear dogbone I think had sheared a little metal. Quickly repaired these but then I decided to try the engine. Hard to start but finally did only for 5 seconds after which it cut out. Gave it little throttle on the next start up and left the throttle on for while but engine just cut out again after like 15 seconds. Got pissed so I just put it away now. Man the hatred I am feeling towards my yama is unexplainable. Really considering sellin mine and buying a shengqi or might even buy nitro. Someone help mme on my problems.
I know moe there a load of crap im going to sell mine and get a hpi baja which i should of done in the first place.
Scotty8920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 03:34 PM   #425
Addict

im not sending it back anymore, just had it going earlier and realised it was the ht lead, but boged it it to go somewhere on monday, i took it round my yard with loads of gravel and stones(riding it round and it doesnt smoke no more because i had some left over no smoke racing 2 stroke oil from my old mx bike) after taking it round it was covered in dust but then i only realised that i have shredded both inner walls of the back wheels :( what are the price for replacements ? or any better hardwaring tyres about ? moe-hpi, sorry to hear about your incident. and really i should have bought a shengqi because i have an extra £150 now so i could have afforded it. i should be buying the front top left and right suspension arms in alloy. thanks for the help LAGGINGBEHIND. and what is usually the thing that goes next on them ? cheers reece
Old 03-23-2012, 03:43 PM   #426
Addict

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by moe-hpi View Post
If you hate this you will not like nitro. Its harder to start and alot more temperamental. But like these when it's going it's great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zakr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 03:52 PM   #427
Addict

Garage

Here is pics of my damage.

Exploded tyre. After it flipped a few million times it landed upside down and reved up on its own causing the tyre to inflate, burst and fly 40ft in every direction
Click the image to open in full size.

Smashed Upgraded air filter. At some point during its acrobatics

Bent my custom rear wing
Which as its metal also sheared the head off the plastic mounting peg

Earlier damage but will mention it here anyway. Broken suspension arm mountClick the image to open in full size.

And twisted the front mounting bracket Click the image to open in full size.

Please rate my crash!!!
:-) think I've got the most broken one out of all of you at the moment.
Wanna try and beat me? Lol

Last edited by Zakr; 03-23-2012 at 03:55 PM.
Old 03-23-2012, 06:08 PM   #428
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakr View Post
Here is pics of my damage.

Exploded tyre. After it flipped a few million times it landed upside down and reved up on its own causing the tyre to inflate, burst and fly 40ft in every direction

Smashed Upgraded air filter. At some point during its acrobatics

Bent my custom rear wing
Which as its metal also sheared the head off the plastic mounting peg

Earlier damage but will mention it here anyway. Broken suspension arm mountClick the image to open in full size.

And twisted the front mounting bracket Click the image to open in full size.

Please rate my crash!!!
:-) think I've got the most broken one out of all of you at the moment.
Wanna try and beat me? Lol

god, that was quite a big crash, what have you got over the skocks ? and what tyres are they ? do they break as easy as the standard ones ? cheers
Old 03-23-2012, 06:18 PM   #429
Addict

Garage

Quote:
god, that was quite a big crash, what have you got over the skocks ? and what tyres are they ? do they break as easy as the standard ones ? cheers
Over the shocks I have covers to protect them and keep them clean. You can find them on eBay
And the tyres are for the Baja. But they fit straight on our wheels. Just search INTEGY BEADLOCK in eBay and you will see them. They are much better. Not great grip on wet grass though. They didn't shred on stones either but I also modded my rear wheels a bit so it could be partly due to that.

Old 03-23-2012, 06:29 PM   #430
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakr View Post
Over the shocks I have covers to protect them and keep them clean. You can find them on eBay
And the tyres are for the Baja. But they fit straight on our wheels. Just search INTEGY BEADLOCK in eBay and you will see them. They are much better. Not great grip on wet grass though. They didn't shred on stones either but I also modded my rear wheels a bit so it could be partly due to that.

what mods have you done to your wheels ? and what did you type in for the covers ?
Old 03-23-2012, 06:37 PM   #431
Addict

also, has anyone hooked up a light rack of some sort onto their yama, as i was thinking of doing it or where to buy a set from ?
Old 03-23-2012, 07:02 PM   #432
Addict

Garage

Quote:
what mods have you done to your wheels ? and what did you type in for the covers ?
err just tried SHOCK SOCKS and it found them ok. i got the ones buy one get one free and got two different designs

as for the wheels its hard to explain... er hang on ill make a picture ....
if you think you understand and want to try it yourself use common sence... try to make it smooth and even, and leave enough so the tyre doesnt come of the rim

im making some rear led lights and front led headlights myself but my problem is that the resistor i need to use for the lights is going to get very hot. i have a high enought rating that it wont burn out but the temperature is realy bothering me. no way around it that i can see though. ive posted pictures of my work in progress back in this thread some where just keep going back and see what you think
Old 03-23-2012, 07:05 PM   #433
Addict

last post of tonight, i have seen some proline badlands and some proline trenchers, they look like pretty decent tyres. would they fit ? cheers
Old 03-23-2012, 07:13 PM   #434
Addict

NEW! Pro-Line 1/5 Badlands Off-Road Tires Rear Baja 5B (2) 1142-00 NIB on eBay!

cheap for a set !!
Old 03-23-2012, 07:18 PM   #435
Addict

Garage

it they for a baja then they should fit
Old 03-23-2012, 07:19 PM   #436
Addict

could these be a good enough set of lights ?

2W2R 10mm - RC-Lighthouse
Old 03-24-2012, 02:07 AM   #437
Basher

Man zakr that is alot of damage! Just got caught up in the moment saying ima sell my yama only because i got really angry
moe-hpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 10:25 AM   #438

My Throttle/Brake Servo burnt out today im sick off this car costing alot of money.I FEEL LIKE BINNING IT
leehardy9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 12:47 AM   #439
Addict

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by leehardy9 View Post
My Throttle/Brake Servo burnt out today im sick off this car costing alot of money.I FEEL LIKE BINNING IT
Then you might have had it set up wrong. It should not be pulling on the brake at all when at idle. It can be .1 of a mm away from it but as soon as a servo is under constant strain it's gonna die.
I've had 6 proper rc cars and never burned or broken a servo.

Rc models have a learning curve. It's just that many have jumped right in at the deep end with these Yama buggy's. And now your getting frustrated. I understand I've been there with my first rc car like 12 years ago! I was only 13 and was in tears when inexplicably the speed controller caught fire. And on many other occasions

I know my car is In a million bits right now. but that's my fault, i crashed it while trying to improve as a driver. not a fault with the car, the makers or resellers.

Yes we have all bought in at the bottom end of the 1/5th range out there. So yes some bits do need upgrading. And some bits are made cheaply.
Like the tyres. They were fit for nothing.
The rear wing was always gonna snap as its plastic.
And no the servos don't have metal gears in them. But if they did it would have cost more. But a little bit of care and knowledge will mean that they last months and months rather than days.
I could go on listing other things
But most of us payed under £300 for this. The losi 5ive is over $1000 without Any radio gear! A hpi Baja again is close to £1000 and they still need upgrading in certain things.
Even if you replaced everything on our cars with top quality stuff I doubt you would spend that much

Now leehardy this was not meant as a dig at you in any way. but as a vent of my frustration with people who just think they car drive into a wall at full pelt and expect to come out with a perfect car. Or some thing similar.

Old 03-25-2012, 02:43 AM   #440
Racer

+1 albeit very frustrating at the time
Laggingbehind is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
yama buggy 26cc cy engine

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rclargescale.com/forum/general-large-scale/6589-yama-buggy-repairs-upgrades-mods-anything-else.html
Posted By For Type Date
e detta något o ha ? 1:5 - Sidan 2 This thread Refback 01-16-2013 09:35 AM
e detta något o ha ? 1:5 - Sidan 2 - RemoteD - Fjärrstyrd Hobby This thread Refback 12-08-2012 02:46 AM
My 1/5th scale yama buggy nitrotek.co.uk - YouTube This thread Refback 09-18-2012 01:22 PM
Yama Buggy - Repairs, upgrades, mods and anything else - RCLargeScale.com This thread Refback 08-17-2012 08:54 AM
Yama Buggy - Repairs, upgrades, mods and anything else - Page 39 - RCLargeScale.com This thread Refback 07-12-2012 11:47 PM
Yama buggy This thread Refback 06-25-2012 03:19 AM
just took a yama in px - General - Petrol - Modelsport UK Forum This thread Refback 06-20-2012 03:04 PM
just took a yama in px - Modelsport UK Forum This thread Refback 04-09-2012 06:22 AM
yama buggy - YouTube This thread Refback 03-14-2012 04:58 PM
e detta något o ha ? 1:5 - Sidan 2 - RemoteD - Fjärrstyrd Hobby This thread Refback 02-21-2012 11:35 AM

Yama Buggy - Repairs, upgrades, mods and anything else - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rear tyre\wheel for yama buggy beemer1664 Tires and Wheels 3 07-05-2014 03:56 AM
suspension mods for wheelies. sweetasstaurus General Large Scale 5 08-25-2011 06:12 PM
Here some of the mods i made DIY diddle HPI Baja 5B 6 02-05-2010 11:03 AM
Losi Mini Crawler mods DarkSoul Racing Chit Chat 16 01-29-2009 10:24 AM