Go Back   RCLargeScale.com > Large Scale General Tech > General Large Scale

Notices

Thread: FG Sportline 4WD porsche (Throttke\Steering Servo)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2019, 01:05 PM   #1

Default FG Sportline 4WD porsche (Throttke\Steering Servo)

Hello All I need help with my steering and throttle\brake servo issues. Ever since ive purchased this car (new) Ive had steering glitches and brake issues as well. I thought once i upgraded to a lipo system (batt and servos) it would go away. So i replaced the stock NiMh battery and servos and replaced with (SAVOX 0230MG) for Throttle\Brake and for the Steering a Spektrum S9020 (i know probably a lil overkill but i had it laying around so i used it).

BRAKES - (Savox 0230MG)

I didnt really see any improvement with the upgrade to the 2S lipo system and to the savox servo. As a matter of fact the same issues were pretty much still there. The stopping (brake)* leaves a lot to be desired even after adjusting and readjusting the linkage. I need more braking power. The car takes about 15-20ft to stop and the front brakes does not evn seem to add to any of the braking. i think the majority of the braking comes from the single rear disc brake (90%). Ive wasted money on servos and they have not improved. Im not buying the expensive hydraulixc brake kit. I dnt believe the mechanical brake cable linkage system is that bad if done correctly. I just need to know how to do it correctly lol. A hobby store in my area said maybve i need to take the front brake cables and remove the cables and grease them so the travel thru the sleeves more freely. Ill try it but i really dnt see that as the problem.

STEERING - (Spektrum S9020)

The steering worked ok for a lil bit but still had glitches. I would be driving and it would seem to hesitate when i try to turn and at other times when i let off the turn knob it would still stay locked in a turn and vice versa. Just weird. I thought maybe it was something with the receiver connection but that all checked out ok. Batteries all ok. I just dnt know what to do next. Additionally the servo does not seem to be anchored securely. When i turn the steering knob i can see the servo rocking back and forth. Maybe because this servo has monster torque 1000oz or so i believe and those plastic mounts are not as adequate. theyre in tight as i can get them.

QUESTION
What can i do to get strong brakes w/o having to upgrade to the* hydraulic system?? Do I need to upgrade to a stronger Throttle\Brake servo again?!! If so what servo do you recommend?

What is recommended for the steering servo issue? What servo is recommended, Hitec maybe? Also want can i do to secure the servo better? I see ddm has an*Alloy RC Plate *4WD- fg66240 but im not sure if that fits my car.

Thanks for any help you can provide in advance.
pfrederi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-18-2019, 07:46 AM   #2

Default Re: FG Sportline 4WD porsche (Throttke\Steering Servo)

Any help on this anyone?? Any input on this is appreciated.
pfrederi is offline   Reply With Quote

FG Sportline 4WD porsche (Throttke\Steering Servo) - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Penta Porsche? MAXXTRAX77 Paint and Body 10 04-02-2013 01:30 AM
What's the best replacement servo for the original steering servo? Morry Losi 5ive-T 12 07-22-2012 07:08 PM
Steering Servo salty Losi 5ive-T 35 05-27-2012 08:25 AM
steering servo bajasstony Electronics 8 07-27-2010 06:51 AM