Go Back   RCLargeScale.com > Large Scale General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Shredded Antenae

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2011, 08:38 PM   #1
Racer

Default Shredded Antenae

I ran over my reciever antenae and shredded it, now it is about four inches long,can I install a new one , keep using it or do I have to buy a new reciever?
islrcr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-14-2011, 02:07 AM   #2
Addict

you need to buy a new reciever the antenae is not repairable
jimphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 06:26 AM   #3
Basher

open it up and solder a new wire.
marty moorefield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 06:50 AM   #4
Made in.....

You can keep using it as is, but your range will be reduced and you need to test it to find out just how much.

You can repair it by soldering in a new wire. Be sure to use the same gage wire and the same original length.
robmob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 12:55 PM   #5
Addict

Your probablly better off just replacing the antennae wire. Your radio's range is likely to be much shorter if you don't. Here's a little tip I learned back in the day for the old AM & FM radio's(not good for the 2.4G radios)
When you install your antenae wire into the tube, there is always some hanging out the top. I bend it back down the tube and use heat shrink to cover all the wire that's exposed. It holds the wire in place much better than the little antenae caps they sell, and it also covers and protects the whole wire. One little nick exposing the metal wire underneath is all it takes to cause serious radio glitches, or even a runaway.

PS I was guessing your not running a 2,4g system. Usually the 2.4g wires aren't long enough to run over. Don't bend 2.4Ghz reciever wires, it can damage them and reduce your radio's range.
upDUHcreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 05:37 PM   #6
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by upDUHcreek View Post
Your probablly better off just replacing the antennae wire. Your radio's range is likely to be much shorter if you don't. Here's a little tip I learned back in the day for the old AM & FM radio's(not good for the 2.4G radios)
When you install your antenae wire into the tube, there is always some hanging out the top. I bend it back down the tube and use heat shrink to cover all the wire that's exposed. It holds the wire in place much better than the little antenae caps they sell, and it also covers and protects the whole wire. One little nick exposing the metal wire underneath is all it takes to cause serious radio glitches, or even a runaway.

PS I was guessing your not running a 2,4g system. Usually the 2.4g wires aren't long enough to run over. Don't bend 2.4Ghz reciever wires, it can damage them and reduce your radio's range.
Stock radio, must have got caught when I flipped it on it's lid now it's only six " long...hahaha....
Old 01-14-2011, 05:39 PM   #7
Racer

when I was flying heli's back in the 90's I put a base loaded antenae on it are those still viable?

Shredded Antenae - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Shredded Spur Gear Marky Mark HPI Baja 5B 24 06-18-2015 04:23 PM
Shredded antenae islrcr1 Electronics 7 03-12-2011 04:55 PM
Shredded dirtbusters islrcr1 Tires and Wheels 4 05-30-2010 07:40 AM