Go Back   RCLargeScale.com > Large Scale General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Dead throttle servo

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2010, 10:09 AM   #1

Default Dead throttle servo

Hi! Yesterday, after 6 uses of my 5B v2' and having to wait about 4 weeks to replace a broken axle, because HPI had no replacement parts to send me, I had to see how the stock gas servo got on fire.... Literaly smoking on my face when I was testing the electronics before go out... And of course it got stuck in full speed, good I was not racing the car.... Now I will probably have to wait another month to get HPI to send me a replacement.... If this happens and I decide to buy a replacement myself, which one would be the best to use with the stock radio, can it be a digital high torque? I have disk brakes o the front wheels so a bit extra power will be good. Any recommendations?

Thanks a lot!
victorwol is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-06-2010, 02:18 PM   #2
Addict

I would reccomend you upgrade to stronger and faster servo's than what came with your RTR. It has always been my opinion that the electronics on your rc car is the LAST place to skimp and look for bargains. I'm not going to tell you what to buy, but I will tell you to make shure your throttle/break servo has over 200 in/ozs of torque. Your front breaks should be on a different servo than the rear breaks.

I'm not shure you'll see any advantages to running a digital servo with the stock radio. Because of my low opinion of the electronics in all RTR's I got the SS kit and put it together with a Futaba 3PKS radio. I don't think the stock radio system is designed to take advantage of digital servos. If not, analog will work just fine. Unless I'm wrong, or your planning on upgrading to a better radio system in the near future, don't spend more money to get digital servo's. Of course if they're cheeper than analog, I don't see how it could hurt anything.

I forgot to mention to be shure your end point adjustments are correct. This could have been why you burned out your stock servo so quick. Here's the video of how to do that.
http://www.bajaplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=202

Last edited by upDUHcreek; 09-06-2010 at 02:33 PM.
upDUHcreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 06:38 AM   #3
Addict

i just had the same issue i installed a jr z650m works great.

jim.
jimphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 11:25 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by upDUHcreek View Post

I forgot to mention to be shure your end point adjustments are correct. This could have been why you burned out your stock servo so quick. Here's the video of how to do that.
http://www.bajaplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=202

Thanks , I'll check the video. Actually the car was not used for a few weeks waiting for a replacement part fro HPI, and got burned on my table while testing the radio, turned it ON and got smoking immediately.
victorwol is offline   Reply With Quote

Dead throttle servo - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Throttle servo problem MTMIKE Electronics 2 07-14-2011 12:05 PM
Throttle Servo wildpratt Electronics 10 11-07-2010 06:02 AM
baja ss throttle servo leliommarino HPI Baja 5B 2 05-16-2009 06:20 PM
can the throttle servo be slowed?? zachnunes Electronics 9 01-31-2009 02:15 PM
Throttle Servo PaulM87 Electronics 5 09-08-2008 02:40 PM