Go Back   RCLargeScale.com > Large Scale General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Best Hitec servo for my 5b build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2018, 11:37 PM   #1

Default Best Hitec servo for my 5b build

Hey guys

I am in the process of my 5b SS build and I am having trouble deciding on a servo. I would like to stay with Hitec, as I like the brand at there servos. Price I don't care as I want beast mode servos. I am wanting a HIGH torque steering servo and a HIGH speed for my throttle. I have a few below, I didn't like the reviews on the expensive one, also its a lot of money if I can get the same for half the price, however would like your opinion and Please any suggestions would be great??

This one for steering, however very pricey! Thoughts?
Hitec HS-1005SGT 84kg Giant Scale Digital Steel Gear Servo, HOBBY SHOP SYDNEY - RC HOBBIES

This one I also like for Steering and like the price?Hitec HS-D845WP 50kg Monster Torque 32 Bit Programmable High Res, HOBBY SHOP SYDNEY - RC HOBBIES

This servo would have to be my more favourable?
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Spektrum...1Qud:rk:1:pf:0

Any recommendations for a fast throttle servo please send through?

Cheers :-)

Last edited by Bajamad1020; 11-30-2018 at 12:29 AM.
Bajamad1020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-30-2018, 07:17 AM   #2
Addict

Garage
Default Re: Best Hitec servo for my 5b build

All of your choices are over kill. Especially first choice. The last on is ****** and the middle one well still over kill. All you need is 500 0z. for a buggy. Every servo on you list will need a special adapter and accessories to mount and power to run it. I have been very happy with Rovan servos. I'm tired of paying a arm and leg for a servos only for them to fail after the warranty.

https://www.rovanrc.com/steering-servos/

extreme https://www.aliexpress.com/item/KKPI...810000402.html

Last edited by king quarterscale; 11-30-2018 at 08:52 AM.
king quarterscale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 05:32 PM   #3
Addict

Garage

Bajamad,

What you are looking at are a bit overkill for a baja....

I have been using Hitec for years on all my large scales and never had any issues. I highly recommend them. The Rovan I don't. Rovan is a clone company and I don't buy from them so I can't comment on their quality.

This is what I have in 3 bajas currently...

Hitec HS-5805MG 35805S Digital Steering Servo

and,

Hitec HS-5645MG Digital Throttle Servo w/ Metal Gears

Hope this helps and have fun!
CraftWerks-RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 06:27 AM   #4
Addict

Garage

The Hite 5805 servo @ $55 is under powered for any largescale off road. You need at least 500 oz for steering and 250 oz for throttle for the 5b. I have been using Rovan servo's for years now with no issues. I done buying expensive servo's only to fail after the warranty. I have had tooo many hitec servo's go bad and I have now changes brands. You should be able to find a strong servo digital servo with 500 oz. for $45 that will directly fit. Look at the cys 8218.

Last edited by king quarterscale; 12-01-2018 at 06:30 AM.
Old 12-01-2018, 10:17 AM   #5
Addict

Garage

Everyone has different opinions and experiences Bajamad.... I'm sure whatever parts you decide to go with, You will have and develop your own. Not sure if this is your first 1/5 scale or RC of any scale, But I have been in and around large scale rc's for a very long time... long before the HPI Baja existed. HiTec has always been reliable for me and when you have your cars set up properly and treat them right, They should last. That has just been my experience. The ones I listed are just a few of the ones HiTec makes, I just posted those as a contrast to the $500 one you were looking at and they happen to be in a few of my cars.

The numbers on the Spektrum model you posted seem pretty solid and Savox makes some great servos as well, I just haven't used as many of them as I have HiTec.

Luv to see pics of your build when its done... have you posted any?
Old 12-01-2018, 12:07 PM   #6
Addict

Garage

Savox servo's are a waste of money. Hitec is not my favorite choice for servo's anymore. I am buying china servo's and have great success with them. With over 40 models in my fleet I can't afford those expensive servo's anymore. I don't buy name brand new anymore. Any largescale requires 500 oz power for steering.
Old 12-02-2018, 05:53 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by king quarterscale View Post
All of your choices are over kill. Especially first choice. The last on is ****** and the middle one well still over kill. All you need is 500 0z. for a buggy. Every servo on you list will need a special adapter and accessories to mount and power to run it. I have been very happy with Rovan servos. I'm tired of paying a arm and leg for a servos only for them to fail after the warranty.

https://www.rovanrc.com/steering-servos/

extreme https://www.aliexpress.com/item/KKPI...810000402.html
I did think that they were a bit overkill. The $500 servo was extremely overkill and priced but just wanted some opinions. Appreciate the input and will be sure to check out those servos
Old 12-02-2018, 05:57 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftwerks-rc View Post
Bajamad,

What you are looking at are a bit overkill for a baja....

I have been using Hitec for years on all my large scales and never had any issues. I highly recommend them. The Rovan I don't. Rovan is a clone company and I don't buy from them so I can't comment on their quality.

This is what I have in 3 bajas currently...

Hitec HS-5805MG 35805S Digital Steering Servo

and,

Hitec HS-5645MG Digital Throttle Servo w/ Metal Gears

Hope this helps and have fun!
Thanks for your input. I am the same, I started of with a Rovan for my first 1/5 scale, and to be honest it held up very well but I am a brand name person, so I ended up buying a used Hpi Baja 5b. I not long ago picked up my Baja 5b ss kit. I am about to buy a Losi MTXL very shortly haha. Cheers for the info mate
Old 12-02-2018, 06:00 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by king quarterscale View Post
The Hite 5805 servo @ $55 is under powered for any largescale off road. You need at least 500 oz for steering and 250 oz for throttle for the 5b. I have been using Rovan servo's for years now with no issues. I done buying expensive servo's only to fail after the warranty. I have had tooo many hitec servo's go bad and I have now changes brands. You should be able to find a strong servo digital servo with 500 oz. for $45 that will directly fit. Look at the cys 8218.
Hey, yeah I do agree with you, servos are not cheap especially for large scale. ill be sure to check them out. Thanks for the numbers as well, I can use that as a guide. Cheers mate
Old 12-02-2018, 06:11 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftwerks-rc View Post
Everyone has different opinions and experiences Bajamad.... I'm sure whatever parts you decide to go with, You will have and develop your own. Not sure if this is your first 1/5 scale or RC of any scale, But I have been in and around large scale rc's for a very long time... long before the HPI Baja existed. HiTec has always been reliable for me and when you have your cars set up properly and treat them right, They should last. That has just been my experience. The ones I listed are just a few of the ones HiTec makes, I just posted those as a contrast to the $500 one you were looking at and they happen to be in a few of my cars.

The numbers on the Spektrum model you posted seem pretty solid and Savox makes some great servos as well, I just haven't used as many of them as I have HiTec.

Luv to see pics of your build when its done... have you posted any?
I very much agree with you on the fact that we all have our own opinions, which is what I like about rc forums. Yeah its not my first but have only been into large scale for the last three years and ever since that I have loved it! I also have never had any issues with the Hitec servos, I think thats why I have been trying to stick to that brand. Yeah I like the spectrum, but might stick with Hitec as I plan to upgrade my radio gear from my faithful Dx3s to a Futaba 4px and so would look a little weird. I am not far off purchasing a Losi MTXL which looks insane. I haven't posted any as I am still building bit if you send me your email and ill be sure to send through some pics through the process?

Can you list some more servos that you have used often?

Appreciate the advice mate
Old 12-02-2018, 07:13 AM   #11
Addict

Garage

You want a servo that will bolt right in with no adapter or modification's and has 500 oz. All the servos you suggested don't fit and or hitec will work either because it is under powered for off road. Only the brands I suggested and the stock brand servos that are in the RTR. Biggers servo's require extra adapters more power more which equal more weight and slower speed.
Rovan servo's
CYS 8218
losi s900
Old 12-02-2018, 10:53 AM   #12
Addict

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bajamad1020 View Post
I very much agree with you on the fact that we all have our own opinions, which is what I like about rc forums. Yeah its not my first but have only been into large scale for the last three years and ever since that I have loved it! I also have never had any issues with the Hitec servos, I think thats why I have been trying to stick to that brand. Yeah I like the spectrum, but might stick with Hitec as I plan to upgrade my radio gear from my faithful Dx3s to a Futaba 4px and so would look a little weird. I am not far off purchasing a Losi MTXL which looks insane. I haven't posted any as I am still building bit if you send me your email and ill be sure to send through some pics through the process?

Can you list some more servos that you have used often?

Appreciate the advice mate

I also use the...

Hitec HS-5745MG

and Hitec 7955TG

In 2 of my older baja's, I still have the Multiplex Rhino which isn't even made anymore.

I have seen many servo's fail due do not being properly set up. Poorly adjusted end points seem to be a continuous problem.

For the Losi MTXL, You will definitely need a beefy servo.
Old 12-02-2018, 12:46 PM   #13
Addict

Garage

Again wrong size servos for steering and throttle can be overkill or worse. Stay away from hitec for largescale. Especially for steering You need 500 oz. for off road. I don't run a single Hitec servo in any of my largescale anymore and I own 8. All I run now is Cys Rovan and Tonegawa. My 1/4 off road truck kept burning out the 5805 servos for steering. Not enough power! I switched it a Rovan servo and no more problems.

For my 1/8 scale nitro I run Tower Pro MG996R as the Hitec 5645 servo's kept burning out. I own 27 off road truck and buggies.

For my 1/10 nitro I trucks hs475HB servos or equilivent. They seem to be fine. Same for my 1/10 scale cars. As you can see I Got real tired buying expensive servo's only to fail and replace them with cheap china ones which have lasted longer.

Last edited by king quarterscale; 12-02-2018 at 01:24 PM.

Best Hitec servo for my 5b build - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Best Hitec servo for my 5b build Bajamad1020 Electronics 0 11-29-2018 11:35 PM
Hitec 1222 oz servo Killer RC Losi 5ive-T 376 07-30-2013 12:30 PM
duel servo or the hitec monster? driffter Losi 5ive-T 19 01-23-2013 11:03 AM
New super high torque servo from HiTec DarkSoul Racing General Large Scale 7 01-04-2009 07:41 PM