Notices

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By DarkSoul Racing

Thread: DarkSoul Losi 5ive-T Upgrade Parts :P

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2011, 12:28 PM   #1
Addict

Default DarkSoul Losi 5ive-T Upgrade Parts :P

Well since everyone else is jumping the gun, I guess I will too.

I know its really original at this point , but we too have been working on a clutch bell carrier, features over-sized Team Fast Eddy bearings, 6061 T6 construction-

Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size.

Our design went towards strength and cooling. Not for the sand mind you, but for those that want light weight, and the ultimate in cooling through their clutch and bell.

But we didn't stop there, (sorry for only having the 3D renderings atm) but we have also made the clutch bell housing to be super lightweight, and encourage cooling straight through the system, also made from 6061-T6 -

Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size.

And of course, what would the system be without a billet steel clutch bell, with cooling of course. One piece construction (no welded sub-assembly like stock), specifically to keep weight to a minimum, and ..... thats right, keep everything cool. With a heavy truck, and high HP motors, the clutch system is going to need to be super strong, and kept cool as can be-

Click the image to open in full size.

Everything is in the machine running, and should be out to dist. very soon, we will confer with our dist. and get you pricing this week, expect it to be in the range of the others.
robmob likes this.
DarkSoul Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-27-2011, 12:58 PM   #2

Very interesting i might have to get a a Losi 5ive T
cybermenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 04:55 PM   #3

Looks good! Im sure the guys gettin the losi will love these. Would the clutch housing and the bell work for bajas as well?
pipi135driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 05:33 PM   #4
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipi135driver View Post
Looks good! Im sure the guys gettin the losi will love these. Would the clutch housing and the bell work for bajas as well?
The clutch bell housing WILL work with the Bajas, the clutch bell is specific to the Losi.
Old 11-29-2011, 02:18 PM   #5
Basher

the vented clutch looks cool man. its cool to see so many parts out already look forward to seeing what else you bring out for the LOSI

Quote:
Originally Posted by darksoul Racing View Post
The clutch bell housing WILL work with the Bajas, the clutch bell is specific to the Losi.
original.mb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 12:49 AM   #6
Addict

Great stuff Ted. The housing looks super light and so does the bell. Looks like a wining combination of parts for the Losi 5IVE-T! Keep them coming!
TGNman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 03:22 AM   #7
Racer

Please could you do a Losi 5ive servo mount?? I wanna swap out the stock for a Rhino?
darcywass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 11:57 PM   #8
Addict

Looks great.
Killer RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 10:02 AM   #9
Addict

I was able to put some time on the ds Clutch Carrier on my Losi 5IVE-T this weekend. Fit perfect with no issues and ran great all weekend. Good work Ted!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dstest.jpg (159.4 KB, 119 views)
Old 12-11-2011, 10:28 AM   #10
Addict

Plugging right along, just one more operation, install the bearings, and these are done.

Old 12-11-2011, 11:33 AM   #11
Addict

Talking It just keeps getting better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darksoul Racing View Post
Plugging right along, just one more operation, install the bearings, and these are done.

Nice looking as usual, damn you guys are going to keep me poor,I thought I might get a few months of running it stock before you guys found another way of getting my ill gotten gains, not enough you get my money for my three HPI bajas and MCD, now the LOSI is in need of those I didnt know I needed it so soon parts,the only thing I run you dont make parts for is the Venom VMX450 motocrosser, now there is an underated piece of kit, now it is set up properly,ESC programmed,much easier once I purchased the program card, instead of counting bleeps and flashing LED's," they gave me nightmares",fitted and set up the front brake, fitted the Supamoto tyres, I come home with a smile from ear to ear and no hernia or back poblems unlike with my trucks and buggies.
I have to rely on the manufacturer or my ingenuity for required parts the list of uprades is good but there are some areas that need parts not made as yet, so please dont make parts for it otherwise I might aswell just send you my bank details and then you can just send me the parts as soon as they are packedged
arthurdaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 10:09 AM   #12
Addict

Nice ds! Nice! People have been asking for this part so we are excited to get it in stock soon.

Tags
5ive-t, billet steel clutch bell, clutch bell carrier, darksoul, losi, parts, upgrade

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rclargescale.com/forum/darksoul-racing/6636-darksoul-losi-5ive-t-upgrade-parts-p.html
Posted By For Type Date
Losi 5IVE-T Hop-Up Parts Roundup - Large Scale News This thread Pingback 12-01-2011 12:15 AM
DrkSoul Losi 5ive Parts :P - RCLargeScale.com This thread Refback 11-27-2011 12:31 PM

DarkSoul Losi 5ive-T Upgrade Parts :P - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Team Chase Losi 5ive-t parts Chase Losi 5ive-T 35 03-03-2016 03:19 PM
Fullforce RC Losi 5ive-T Parts fullforce Losi 5ive-T 26 04-02-2012 01:49 PM
CraftWerks-RC's Losi 5ive-T Parts CraftWerks-RC Losi 5ive-T 15 02-28-2012 10:11 AM
Team Chase new Losi 5ive-t parts Chase Team Chase 24 12-19-2011 02:51 PM
Losi 5ive parts category now on DDM site ddmdave DDM DavesMotors.com 0 12-16-2011 02:42 PM