Go Back   RCLargeScale.com > Vendors > DarkSoul Racing

Notices

Thread: DarkSoul down for a week

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2011, 08:58 AM   #1
Addict

Default DarkSoul down for a week

As the title says, we will basically be shut down for the week while we move into our larger facility. We have been growing at a pretty steady rate with the help of our fantastic distributors, and of course you guys, the large scale / Baja enthusiasts that purchase our products, and allow us to do what we do.

Our new facility is located in San Jose, CA (not far from our old building), and all of our machined products will be manufactured right here on site. With our increased size and production capabilities, look for the darksoul line to steadily increase in product selection not only for the Baja platform, but for several others.

If any of you are in the greater San Jose bay area, and would like to stop by and see the facility, shoot me a PM or email, and we can get you a tour .

I will be answering PM's and emails mostly in the evenings while we move, and I hope to get everything wrapped up sooner than later.
DarkSoul Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-25-2011, 09:52 AM   #2
Addict

Garage

Nice.... Congrats on the move Amigo!
CraftWerks-RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 11:44 AM   #3
Addict

Good luck with the move and looking forward to the new addition to the ds line
338lapua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 09:42 AM   #4

Congrats on that ds! I am running your billet head on the CY 26 marine and love the power it gives on my redcat rampage (any interest in making products for the ramps? :))

Also, are your 2-bolt and 4-bolt billet crankcases now discontinued? Can't find them in stock anywhere. Thanks and congrats again! Your products are wicked.
Rampman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 02:54 PM   #5
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampman View Post
Congrats on that ds! I am running your billet head on the CY 26 marine and love the power it gives on my redcat rampage (any interest in making products for the ramps? :))

Also, are your 2-bolt and 4-bolt billet crankcases now discontinued? Can't find them in stock anywhere. Thanks and congrats again! Your products are wicked.
Thanks dude, we are considering running the cases again, just need to see what we can do them for, and what we have on the books now, we are doing a lot of stuff, so have to prioritize.

With that, I am unplugging the computers now, and will not have the interweb back up (at work) until next week, I will be on at home of course, and will try and post some pics for you guys soon.
Old 07-27-2011, 06:26 PM   #6

Sounds good... well hope I can get my hands on one of the crankcases some day, love the redesigned flywheel shroud on them
Old 07-27-2011, 07:20 PM   #7
Addict

ted love to see new parts from you guys and the parts i have from ds are awsome
vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 09:27 PM   #8
Addict

I hope the move goes smooth for you. Congrats on the new digs.

I personally hope you make more cases too. I plan on getting an MCD later this year. I would love to be able to have one in all of our cars. That crankcase goes really well with the Zen 36mm head too.
highwaystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 11:01 PM   #9
Addict

Well we are about 99% moved, now its just getting everything set up and looking neat. We have two building, approximately 8000 sq. ft. each, building one is all machine shop, it houses 2 CNC lathes, and 7 CNC mills, 5 - 3 axis, and 2 - 5 axis machines plus all the other support equipment, a few manual machines, inspection room, deburring / finishing area, programming room and so on.

The other building is where the darksoul Office is, which is primarily now the "design center". Myself, my partner Danny and all of the programmers are learning a new piece of software made by Siemens called "NX" This software is just amazing, if you can think it up, you can design it and build it through NX. It allows you to also create the tool paths right there in the software, so no more post processing (separate software to create tool paths), its amazingly fast, and actually not terribly difficult to use.

There are also 3 milling centers on this side currently, 2 Fadal 20/40's and an old Matsuura, and we are currently looking at a molding machine (but probably some time off if it happens at all).

Still waiting for the internet, suppose to be up tomorrow (fingers crossed), and that should about do it. Here are a few pics from the machine shop side-

These are the two lathes, the first one pictured is running v.3 bones as of today-

Click the image to open in full size.

This is Umberto running one of the mills making MCD a-arms -

The big Variaxis 5 axis milling center which will take over the production run for the a-arms. In the 3 axis machine, it takes 4 setups - top, bottom, left side, right side, in the Variaxis, it will be 2 ops, top, left, right side in one step, and then the bottom.

And the latest edition to the shop is technically a 3 axis Mazak machine, but with a 5th axis trunion mounted to it-

And of course the table of RC debris... where we are constantly test fitting new parts as they come of the machines

Ill get some pics of the office spaces up here soon, as well as some video of the machines in action making some parts.

Last edited by DarkSoul Racing; 08-01-2011 at 11:03 PM.
Old 08-01-2011, 11:20 PM   #10
Addict

Ted that is awesome! I can't wait to come check it out. I had no idea you were making such huge expansion. Congratulations
dpdsurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 11:44 PM   #11
Addict

Garage

Holy Smokes.....Nice upgrade
CraftWerks-RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 06:55 AM   #12
Addict

Damn Ted! Talk about stepping up your game! Good call on bringing things in house.

Sent from da lower level iPhone using wanna Tapdatshit
biggiecamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 07:22 AM   #13
Addict

Garage

Nice work space!
Traffic Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 08:19 AM   #14
Addict

Its been a pretty smooth transition, my partner Danny, I have known for about 20 years now, I had worked for him at one point, and when I went off on my first business adventure, he did all my machining, that company basically bought his first two CNC mills (which he still has), and then I moved the operation to SoCal. When I left that business, I moved back to NorCal, life went on, and then of course darksoul Racing, as I grew and needed more machining potential, Danny was the logical choice, and for about a year or so he had been doing most of my machining again, and he was looking for something outside of the high tech sector (high stress, low margins) so we started talking about joining forces...... and here we are .

The machine shop does a lot of tech stuff still, can't give that up entirely, but with the potential this shop brings to the table, we should really be able to start banging out a lot of new products pretty quickly.
Old 08-02-2011, 08:25 AM   #15
Braaaaap Braaaaap

Garage

Very cool Ted congrats. Can't wait to see what you come up with!!!
LOST IN MN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 09:03 AM   #16
Addict

All I can say when looking thru the pics was ahhhh,,,,droooll,,ahhhah and WOW talk about $$$$$$$ in mo-shines..

Congrats to you Ted and Danny for the joint effort and hope for the best for your companys future..
338lapua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 10:44 AM   #17
Addict

Wow, that is incredible Ted! Good luck on the joint venture.
wookiee528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 11:35 AM   #18

Emailed you those drawings and where do I send my resume?!
NickRummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 12:26 PM   #19
Addict

Very nice set up Ted. I'm looking forward to seeing all of the new goodies you come up with.
highwaystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 03:25 PM   #20

Great looking shop, congrats on your success Ted! Look forward to any and all future ds products.

DarkSoul down for a week - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ultrasonic cleaner on sale this week FastEddy Tools, and Procedures 14 06-01-2012 04:50 AM
On My Way Home - A Week Early HarleyDan Chit Chat 20 09-17-2008 02:33 PM