Go Back   RCLargeScale.com > Vendors > DarkSoul Racing

Notices

Thread: DarkSoul Baja Aluminum Servo Saver

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2011, 08:48 PM   #1
Addict

Default DarkSoul Baja Aluminum Servo Saver

I don't know about you guys, but I seem to break about one of these per outing, and am pretty fed up with the plastic ones, so this seemed to be the logical answer.

These servo savers are made from 6061 T6 aluminum for strength, and the servo linkage standoff is slightly taller than stock (about 1/8 taller), this will actually give your servo a more balanced and even throw without there being that crazy angle of the servo linkage. Since the part is now aluminum, the height can be taller without fear of twisting and damaging the servo saver.

Look for the retail price to be around $20.00 or less

Click the image to open in full size.
DarkSoul Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-26-2011, 07:37 AM   #2
Addict

This is the type of part that just makes life better. It is stronger than stock, more precise and it offers better steering. Great work on these dark soul.
highwaystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 07:42 AM   #3
The Slowest Guy in Town

I have been using these for several months now without fault.
The best part for me is that it eliminates the pesky nut on the bottom of the plastic arm that always falls out and is a BITCH to get back in.

Used with the Threshold servo saver brace, FastEddy Bearings and steering shims, its a rock solid setup.

Click the image to open in full size.
FastEddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 11:23 AM   #4
Banned

thats one of the parts i HAVENT broken (knock on wood). i am considering the aluinum steering link kit with ball bearings from integy right now (no one else seems to make one) .
lordraptor1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 11:39 AM   #5
The Slowest Guy in Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordraptor1 View Post
thats one of the parts i HAVENT broken (knock on wood). i am considering the aluinum steering link kit with ball bearings from integy right now (no one else seems to make one) .
IMO, not needed. The Turnbuckles stock bend easily and should be replaced, The ball ends do gain some slop but are cheap enough to replace if needed. If your to hit something hard enough I would prefer the ball to pop out rather then to rip my servo saver out of the chassis and in the process destroy my servo.

Just my opinion.
FastEddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 01:22 PM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastEddy View Post
IMO, not needed. The Turnbuckles stock bend easily and should be replaced, The ball ends do gain some slop but are cheap enough to replace if needed. If your to hit something hard enough I would prefer the ball to pop out rather then to rip my servo saver out of the chassis and in the process destroy my servo.

Just my opinion.
yeah i know about the steering links, they bend just turning the baja around (no matter how fast or slow you do it either)
lordraptor1 is offline   Reply With Quote

DarkSoul Baja Aluminum Servo Saver - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
THRESHOLD Servo Saver Spring Support robmob General Large Scale 1 12-17-2010 12:11 PM
DarkSoul Light steel/aluminum gears now ready DarkSoul Racing DarkSoul Racing 6 03-07-2010 01:11 AM
servo saver koetje Electronics 4 03-04-2010 07:42 AM
Video #23 Building the Baja 5B SS (Page 15 Steering & Servo saver 2 of 2) FastEddy Building the HPI Baja 5B SS. Page By page Video Tutorials 1 06-25-2008 03:42 PM
Video #22 Building the Baja 5B SS (Page 15 Steering & Servo saver 1 of 2) FastEddy Building the HPI Baja 5B SS. Page By page Video Tutorials 1 06-25-2008 03:40 PM