Go Back   RCLargeScale.com > Miscellaneous > Comments, Suggestions, and Help

Notices

Thread: new site has a few problems

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2011, 01:51 PM   #1
Banned

Default new site has a few problems

well teh new site looks godd but it does have some issues and the issue i found is that i get a message of i do not have permission, and for teh record i am trying to reply to a post that i started which can be located here:

http://www.rclargescale.com/forum//s...ead.php?t=4977
lordraptor1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-2011, 02:22 PM   #2
I break shit

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordraptor1 View Post
well teh new site looks godd but it does have some issues and the issue i found is that i get a message of i do not have permission, and for teh record i am trying to reply to a post that i started which can be located here:

http://www.rclargescale.com/forum//s...ead.php?t=4977
I appreciate the feedback. I need to fix the permissions on the vendor forums, the only people who should be allowed to create threads there are vendors. Everyone else can post replies to vendor threads, just not create new threads.

You should be able to reply to that thread now.

Last edited by badger; 03-04-2011 at 02:28 PM.
badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 03:07 PM   #3
Banned

ok thanks bud
lordraptor1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 11:26 AM   #4
Addict

Why are we not allowed to create a new thread in the vendor section? How else are we supposed to ask them a question if we are having a problem with one of their products?
upDUHcreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 12:14 PM   #5
I break shit

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by upDUHcreek View Post
Why are we not allowed to create a new thread in the vendor section? How else are we supposed to ask them a question if we are having a problem with one of their products?
Only vendors can create new threads in the vendor forums. The Vendor Market forum and individual Vendor forums are dedicated for vendors to advertise and promote their products. I suggested to the vendors we have to create a "Post public questions, suggestions, or feedback here" thread so their customers can post up any issues or questions related to their order or a specific product. The problem is, not all vendors and manufactures have the time to constantly check their vendor forum for new threads created by members with issues.

If you have a problem with a vendors product or need help figuring out how to install it, create a thread in the tech forum that is relevant to what your installing the product on. Chances are another member has the same product and knows how to install the product or can answer your question in most cases faster then the vendor possibly. Also, by creating the thread in the tech forum it will be easy for other members to find answers to the same issues other members may have had.
Old 03-31-2011, 08:51 AM   #6
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by upDUHcreek View Post
We would prefer it if customers were allowed to make a new thread in our vendor section to ask questions.

I was wondering why nobody had ever started a thread in our section...

I don't do a whole lot of posting/thread creation. Mostly just respond to issues and questions that pop up. If people aren't allowed to make a thread to ask a question, there probably won't be too much discussion at all in our section as I rarely see the need to create threads myself.

Just my .02
ddmdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 09:25 AM   #7
I break shit

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddmdave View Post
We would prefer it if customers were allowed to make a new thread in our vendor section to ask questions.

I was wondering why nobody had ever started a thread in our section...

I don't do a whole lot of posting/thread creation. Mostly just respond to issues and questions that pop up. If people aren't allowed to make a thread to ask a question, there probably won't be too much discussion at all in our section as I rarely see the need to create threads myself.

Just my .02
When I spoke with you on the phone about this I thought that you liked how we did not allow everyone to create new threads in your vendor section because you didn't always have the time to check forums and did not want a new thread in your vendor forum sitting unanswered.

The way we have it configured now keeps the vendor forums clean with only the threads that the vendor creates announcing new products or discussing new ideas. As I suggested before, with this configuration it would be best to create a thread that is specifically for your customers questions and issues.

Being that your a distributor and not the typical manufacturer / vendor, I can understand why you wouldn't create a lot of new threads in your section so if you would prefer to have your forum open I will change it.

I will create a thread in the vendors section to ask the rest of the vendors how they would prefer to have their vendor forum configured.

The general Vendors Market will not change, only vendors will be able to create new threads in this forum.
Old 03-31-2011, 11:17 AM   #8
Addict

Yeah, open ours.

Sorry if I had communicated to you otherwise, I must have not quite understood what you were referring to at the time.
ddmdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 11:23 AM   #9
I break shit

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddmdave View Post
Yeah, open ours.

Sorry if I had communicated to you otherwise, I must have not quite understood what you were referring to at the time.
Done. I appreciate the feedback and you participating on the forum.

Thanks.

new site has a few problems - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Problems so far with the 5ive T!!!! darcywass Losi 5ive-T 5 12-03-2011 03:26 PM
buddy having problems with site upDUHcreek Comments, Suggestions, and Help 2 06-20-2011 04:04 PM
Problems with the site hratchian Comments, Suggestions, and Help 4 09-18-2009 06:41 AM
Engine problems Baja Grease Monkey Engine & Exhaust 8 01-11-2009 02:31 AM
Problems with my SS benhurb HPI Baja 5B 2 09-18-2008 12:14 PM