Go Back   RCLargeScale.com > HPI Baja Tutorials > Building the HPI Baja 5B SS. Page By page Video Tutorials

Notices

Thread: Video #2 Building the Baja 5B SS (Tools you will need)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2008, 05:41 PM   #1
The Slowest Guy in Town

Default Video #2 Building the Baja 5B SS (Tools you will need)

Tools you will need to build your Baja.

Purchase your HPI Baja 5B SS Kit Here:
http://www.davesmotors.com/store/product2029.html

The HPI Baja Kit comes with most of the tools you will need. They included several allen wrenches, a multi tool, wheel nut wrench, bearing press, suspension ball tool, and several other goodies. There are a few other tools that you will need in order to make the build easier for you. In this segment of the tutorial we go over them. When it comes to building the Baja there is no substitute for good tools.

Get yourself a GOOD set of METRIC hex head wrenches. If you can find it in the budget you will also want to get a set of ball end hex wrenches. There are several steps that a ball end will make your life much easier. You will need a set of Small or medium sized needle nose pliers, small or medium flathead screwdriver, a set of side clippers, standard set of pliers, a set of LARGE channel locks, and a hobby knife. Optional will be a set of calipers to measure parts or a metric ruler. If you have a full tool box, you will find other tools that will help you out as well.
FastEddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-02-2008, 11:42 PM   #2
Racer

Could you please tell me where you got the adjustable screwdriver. I would love to have one of these. I just started watching these so I may be jumping the gun here but the one other tool I found I needed is a 5mm for the clutch bolts. If you cover this later I am sorry to mention it. Man you do a great job. I have had my SS for awhile now and love to watch these and pick up all the little secrets from you. Keep up the good work.
TINY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 08:06 AM   #3
Made in.....

Wiha Drive-Loc

http://www.wihatools.com/200seri/281...loc_Blades.htm

You pick the pieces you want and build your own set.
robmob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 08:09 AM   #4
The Slowest Guy in Town

Yes, you are absolutely correct about needing a 5mm hex wrench for the clutch. The SS has the clutch installed from the factory so they didn't include a 5mm wrench in the kit nor did I mention it for the build. I will cover clutch replacement in a separate tutorial as time goes on.

Here is a link to the tool set I use.
http://www.wihatools.com/200seri/281...loc_Blades.htm

Get ready to pay a little extra for them over what you would pay for a set of hobby tools. They run about the same as a set of Hudys or more once you get all the sizes you will need. I will have to say that they are worth every penny you will pay if you use use your tools as much as I do. The tips have lasted me a long time and I have yet to strip out any heads with then up to this point. I use a lot of SS screws so a good set of tools is a must.
Old 06-03-2008, 01:20 PM   #5
Racer

Thanks guys for the quick response. Eddy I see you are also showing a lot of aftermarket or hop-up parts also. After the build will you be doing any tutorials on installing these parts. It would help a lot of people to see all the tricks and short cuts to install these items. When these are all done how much time do you have in making the tutorials.

P.S. GREAT JOB KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK
Old 06-03-2008, 03:16 PM   #6
The Slowest Guy in Town

I will be doing reviews on several of the items shown in the HPI SS build videos. I will also be doing installation video tutorials on some but not all of them.

10 Minuets of video, on a good day is around an hour of total production time.
Do the math
Old 06-03-2008, 03:50 PM   #7
Racer

You the man. Thats a lot of time. You are a true BAJA lover.
Old 06-22-2008, 01:29 AM   #8
Addict

Download links.

Low quality .AVI
http://www.mediafire.com/?tvquv2vibve

High quality .FLV (if downloading for the first time, please read this.)
http://www.mediafire.com/?q9uphz9g9ft

Chris

Last edited by 5B Driver; 08-18-2008 at 03:27 PM.
5B Driver is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rclargescale.com/forum/building-hpi-baja-5b-ss-page-page-video-tutorials/10-video-2-building-baja-5b-ss-tools-you-will-need.html
Posted By For Type Date
Downloading - Video 2 HQ flv This thread Refback 01-02-2013 05:11 AM
Video Bokep Barat Flv - Download This thread Refback 12-03-2012 05:50 PM
Downloading - Building the HPI Baja SS Tutorial Video 2 avi This thread Refback 11-24-2012 12:19 PM

Video #2 Building the Baja 5B SS (Tools you will need) - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Video #96 Building the Baja 5B SS (Page 58 Building Rear Tires 1 of 1) FastEddy Building the HPI Baja 5B SS. Page By page Video Tutorials 3 12-01-2011 08:24 AM
Video #7 Building the Baja 5B SS (Page #8 Building the front bulkhead Part 1 of 2 ) FastEddy Building the HPI Baja 5B SS. Page By page Video Tutorials 5 08-29-2010 09:40 PM
Video #8 Building the Baja 5B SS (Page #8 Building the front bulkhead Part 2 of 2 ) FastEddy Building the HPI Baja 5B SS. Page By page Video Tutorials 2 08-23-2008 02:35 AM
Video #60 Building the Baja 5B SS (Page 34 Building & installing Rear A-Arms 1 of 2) FastEddy Building the HPI Baja 5B SS. Page By page Video Tutorials 3 07-16-2008 05:47 PM
Video #61 Building the Baja 5B SS (Page 34 Building & installing Rear A-Arms 2 of 2) FastEddy Building the HPI Baja 5B SS. Page By page Video Tutorials 1 07-16-2008 04:02 PM