Go Back   RCLargeScale.com > RC Large Scale Community > Announcements

Notices

Thread: New RCLargeScale Classifieds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2011, 09:03 AM   #1
I break shit

Garage
Default New RCLargeScale Classifieds

With the launch of the new RCLargeScale.com forum I added a new Classifieds system. This new system many great features over the old sub forum classifieds. It is extremely easy to use and is categorized to make items your looking for easier as well as keep tabs on certain categories you are interested in.

If you have any issues, comments, or suggestions on categories that should be added please post up in this thread.

Here are the added features the new Classifieds system has:
  • Registration is the same as the forums.
  • It is integrated with the forum so you can easily check seller feedback ratings, and forum reputation/post count as a guide to the seller's reliability
  • Sellers can place classified ads for fixed prices or with optional eBay style bidding enabled
  • Sellers can upload 6 photos to display with each classified ad
  • SOLD IT! and RELIST IT! options to disable/re-enable ads
  • User feedback system to provide ratings and feedback for buyers and sellers
  • Contact seller page allows buyers to contact sellers without revealing seller email address. This will send the seller an email as well as send then a message in the Classifieds system
  • Allow Users to Buy your Ad via Paypal Immediately, eliminating the hassles of waiting for a potential buyer to get back to you if they want it and to send payment.
  • You can add certain ads to a Watch List to help you to keep track of ads your interested in.
  • You can "Subscribe to Category" to have the Classifieds system send you an email when new ads are posted in that category.
  • You can post comments directly to the ads
  • After 30 days the ad expires and is removed from the system.

You will also notice the classifieds system has a "Vendors Market", for now this is for select vendors to sell their products that can't be sold in their retail store because the item has a ding or is an old model or has been returned. This will be a great place to find good deals on the type of products I mentioned.

Placing a basic ad will be free, upgrading to highlighted (lighter grey background) is $0.50, upgrading to bold title is $0.50, and upgrading to italic title is $0.50 which is paid via paypal when you place the ad.

The old classifieds forum will be shut off for new posts on 3/12/11 (this Saturday) and will be read only for another week.

Rules of the new Classifieds system are:
  1. If you add the option to "Allow Users to Buy your Ad via Paypal Immediately" (Buy It Now) you agree to give rclargescale members first dibs on purchasing your item if you also post the for sale ad on other websites. That means if you post an item for sale here as well as 5 other sites, you will need to verify if the item has been sold using our buy it now feature and if it has not been sold you will need to before you agree to sell it on another site.
  2. No spamming other people's ads
  3. Comments and questions would be restricted solely to the seller or their item

The link to the new Classifieds can be found in the menu bar at the top of the forums or you can click http://www.rclargescale.com/classifieds

Last edited by badger; 03-08-2011 at 09:39 AM.
badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-09-2011, 12:30 AM   #2
Banned

i looked at it last night and it looks good (just needs more stuff listed )
lordraptor1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 07:30 AM   #3
Addict

This is a most excellent classified system, this will do away with all the lingering forever, unfinished sales that seem haunt most forums. I really like the buy it now feature, I think this will sort of be the future for classified ads on forums.
DarkSoul Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 08:11 AM   #4
Made in.....

I agree. All forums should use this system.

Can't wait until the regular FS section shuts down and everything will be found in the Classifieds.

I have a lot of parts to list, just need to get off my lazy ass and git er done.
robmob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 08:36 AM   #5
I break shit

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordraptor1 View Post
i looked at it last night and it looks good (just needs more stuff listed )
I thought the category list was to long as well so last night I consolidated 6 of the Engine sub categories into one.

The reason I have the category breakdown is because users can "Subscribe to Category" for any of the different categories listed. So if you are interested in possibly purchasing a 62cc engine, you can subscribe to only that category and when someone posts and ad in the 62cc category you will receive an email update letting you know.

I'm open to any and all suggestions on category layout.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darksoul Racing View Post
This is a most excellent classified system, this will do away with all the lingering forever, unfinished sales that seem haunt most forums. I really like the buy it now feature, I think this will sort of be the future for classified ads on forums.
I agree, I love the new Classifieds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robmob View Post
I agree. All forums should use this system.

Can't wait until the regular FS section shuts down and everything will be found in the Classifieds.

I have a lot of parts to list, just need to get off my lazy ass and git er done.
All my forums will be using this system very soon.

I've been thinking about shutting the old classifieds down early since they are not heavily used, maybe I'll do that today.

Last edited by badger; 03-09-2011 at 08:42 AM.
Old 03-09-2011, 03:32 PM   #6
Banned

[QUOTE=badger;32520]I thought the category list was to long as well so last night I consolidated 6 of the Engine sub categories into one.

The reason I have the category breakdown is because users can "Subscribe to Category" for any of the different categories listed. So if you are interested in possibly purchasing a 62cc engine, you can subscribe to only that category and when someone posts and ad in the 62cc category you will receive an email update letting you know.

[QUOTE/]

no what i meant is there needs to be more people using it as there arent many items FS/FT in it
lordraptor1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 04:11 PM   #7
Braaaaap Braaaaap

Garage

[quote=lordraptor1;32540]
Quote:
Originally Posted by badger View Post
I thought the category list was to long as well so last night I consolidated 6 of the Engine sub categories into one.

[QUOTE/]

no what i meant is there needs to be more people using it as there arent many items FS/FT in it
Give it time it's brand new
LOST IN MN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 04:19 PM   #8

Default help

i tried to post up an add 2 times and it never showed up i dont know what im doing wrong
baja5tldr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 05:45 PM   #9
Addict

I can come over and see if I can help you out. Get ahold of me.
highwaystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 08:18 AM   #10

Default Double post

I got my ad to post but it posted twice? Could one be deleted? Thank you.
Old 03-31-2011, 08:48 AM   #11
I break shit

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja5tldr View Post
I got my ad to post but it posted twice? Could one be deleted? Thank you.
I deleted the second ad. Did you upload any pics to your ad?
Old 03-31-2011, 08:58 AM   #12

Quote:
I deleted the second ad. Did you upload any pics to your ad?
im working on that now thanks
Old 04-01-2011, 12:49 AM   #13
Addict

Kevin, you do realize he struggles with pictures I hope. You may need to go over and explain it to him in person.

Sent from da lower level iPhone using wanna Tapdatshit
biggiecamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 08:42 AM   #14
Addict

tgn has some plans for this new feature....we just need a little time. I have boxes and boxes of opened items, discontinued items, scratch and dent items etc. There will be some good deals for sure.

Great feature!

Mark Hull
TGNman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 12:46 AM   #15
Addict

^^^^^^ nice!!!!

Sent from da lower level iPhone using wanna Tapdatshit
biggiecamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 05:07 PM   #16
I break shit

Garage

I just added a "Featured Classifieds Ads" block at the bottom of the forums that showcases 6 random classifieds ads.
Old 05-06-2011, 09:58 AM   #17
Addict

Quote:
I just added a "Featured Classifieds Ads" block at the bottom of the forums that showcases 6 random classifieds ads.
That looks good. Should help a lot. Thank you!

tgn will keep listing stuff as we can and our offer is still on the table. First person to list 2 items and post a link on LSN gets a free shirt.

Mark Hull
TGNman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 08:25 PM   #18

For Sale, TONS OF UPGRADES & EXTRAS. Over $2000.00 invested, will take $1500.00 OBO. Serious inquires only.Click the image to open in full size.
Mikejordan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 10:00 PM   #19
I break shit

Garage
Default Re: New RCLargeScale Classifieds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikejordan23 View Post
For Sale, TONS OF UPGRADES & EXTRAS. Over $2000.00 invested, will take $1500.00 OBO. Serious inquires only.
You can't honestly think this thread is our classifieds section.

You can repost that either here

Main Index - RCLargeScale Classifieds

or here

Classifieds - For Sale at RCLargeScale.com

New RCLargeScale Classifieds - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Issues with the new RCLargeScale site? badger Comments, Suggestions, and Help 17 04-24-2013 05:56 PM
RCLS Classifieds, do you like the current system? badger General Large Scale 13 12-15-2011 10:06 AM
TGN posting good deals in Classifieds TGNman General Large Scale 5 05-04-2011 09:46 AM
Free Stuff in Classifieds LOST IN MN Comments, Suggestions, and Help 2 05-01-2011 02:36 PM
www.rclargescale.nl RonW Outside the US 4 03-04-2011 02:47 PM