Go Back   RCLargeScale.com > Races, Events and Tracks > 101 Off-Road RC Track & Club

Notices

Loading
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Looks dead to me

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2014, 10:22 AM   #1
Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Redding, CA
Posts: 214
Default Looks dead to me

Itís been a hard fact for me to accept but the 101 RC Race Track is no more.
I have sent emails to the last operator of the track that have gone unanswered.
A couple of our members have gone out to the track in the last few weeks only to observe that the motorcycles have taken over the area.
Unless someone opens up a new track we Nor-Cal Racers are SOL.
Bbbutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-2014, 10:59 AM   #2
Justin Lamb
 
DIMBLEWAMBIE RACING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: La Cresta Murrieta, CA
Posts: 1,684
Garage
Default

Sad to see that place go, I know the one race I attended was an awesome time. Mel was the man there, once he left it fell quickly..

Good luck to all you NorCal boys, hope a track emerges.. In the meantime get a road trip planned and come mix it up with us at the CORRS this year

Sent from my HTC ONE MAX using Tapatalk Pro HD V10.8 VIP
DIMBLEWAMBIE RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 04:30 PM   #3
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Antioch
Posts: 2
Default Re: Looks dead to me

I have been looking for a track for fifth scale up here and it kinda looks like there isn't one any longer? Disappointed to hear that...
marcovhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 05:18 AM   #4
Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Chicago
Posts: 3,075
Garage
Default Re: Looks dead to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcovhawk View Post
I have been looking for a track for fifth scale up here and it kinda looks like there isn't one any longer? Disappointed to hear that...
If you like racing and would consider on-road GT-style, check out the RAMS club. They just built a new track. RAMS RC - Home
PegLeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 06:30 PM   #5
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 27
Default Re: Looks dead to me

As nice as that track is Pegleg.....I like the dirt....It will make a driver out of yeah...

I can't see re-setting my truck up to run on street. I have done a lot of road racing I feel the dirt equals things out between drivers in stead of it being who has the most money.

Cheer's Kurt
Gone14s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 10:10 PM   #6
Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Chicago
Posts: 3,075
Garage
Default Re: Looks dead to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gone14s View Post
As nice as that track is Pegleg.....I like the dirt....It will make a driver out of yeah...

I can't see re-setting my truck up to run on street. I have done a lot of road racing I feel the dirt equals things out between drivers in stead of it being who has the most money.

Cheer's Kurt
I feel your sentiment. I'm an off-road racer, but on-road has its appeal as well. Just trying to give you a local, two-stroke option until someone decides to reawaken the 1/5 scale off road scene in your area. If you want to attend/participate in a kick-ass off-road event, check out the Dirt Nitro Challenge coming up in Phoenix, in February. Tons of fun and everyone is really helpful.

From last year (my truck is orange and black):

https://youtu.be/zLHJkn043GE
PegLeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 08:06 AM   #7
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 27
Default Re: Looks dead to me

I like that track. They did a nice job and kept the track to the scale of the trucks.I have seen where some tracks have massive jumps that launch them 6 feet in the air. Turn marshals would get hit hard with a 50 pound truck.

I used to live in Tuson Az and race boats out there.

RC country here in Sac. Ca is working on a 5th scale track in Auburn CA. fair grounds. I understand that the deal has been made and all the paper work is done. I be-leave they are waiting for spring to build it. This would give a few of us a place to race here in the north. We have around 23 5t's running around this area waiting to go racing with out having to drive for a day or two and stay over night.
I am really supprized how folks here in Northern Ca. are so dead set against giving up a area for a track here.

We see all these nice tracks and racing going on and wish we where there......lol

If things happen with this track in Auburn I make sure to post it up and keep the info up dated for you folks.

BTW Peg leg, do you have a phone number to this place in Petilume Ca.??

Cheer's Mate

Last edited by Gone14s; 01-12-2016 at 08:34 AM.
Gone14s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 10:14 AM   #8
Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Chicago
Posts: 3,075
Garage
Default Re: Looks dead to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gone14s View Post
I like that track. They did a nice job and kept the track to the scale of the trucks.I have seen where some tracks have massive jumps that launch them 6 feet in the air. Turn marshals would get hit hard with a 50 pound truck.

I used to live in Tuson Az and race boats out there.

RC country here in Sac. Ca is working on a 5th scale track in Auburn CA. fair grounds. I understand that the deal has been made and all the paper work is done. I be-leave they are waiting for spring to build it. This would give a few of us a place to race here in the north. We have around 23 5t's running around this area waiting to go racing with out having to drive for a day or two and stay over night.
I am really supprized how folks here in Northern Ca. are so dead set against giving up a area for a track here.

We see all these nice tracks and racing going on and wish we where there......lol

If things happen with this track in Auburn I make sure to post it up and keep the info up dated for you folks.

BTW Peg leg, do you have a phone number to this place in Petilume Ca.??

Cheer's Mate
Unfortunately, I don't have a phone number for the Petaluma track. Good to hear about the plans for the Auburn fair grounds. Keep us updated. I'm sure the guys in So Cal will want to rekindle a North/South rivalry again!
PegLeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 04:53 PM   #9
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 27
Default Re: Looks dead to me

I was able to talk to Bruce today at RC Country. They have decided to tear out the 1/8 track and replace it with a 5th scale. From what he told me it the work will begin as soon as the weather will allow.
We will have every thing from the 1/8 scale track sitting all ready so it is just a matter of re doing the track it self . So this will happen pretty quick and will be up and running soon. The Idea is to have it up and running just before spring if not sooner.

So it is starting to look like we may have another track to run at here soon in the North......

Kurt
PegLeg likes this.
Gone14s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 06:59 AM   #10
Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Huntington
Posts: 330
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gone14s View Post
I was able to talk to Bruce today at RC Country. They have decided to tear out the 1/8 track and replace it with a 5th scale. From what he told me it the work will begin as soon as the weather will allow.

We will have every thing from the 1/8 scale track sitting all ready so it is just a matter of re doing the track it self . So this will happen pretty quick and will be up and running soon. The Idea is to have it up and running just before spring if not sooner.



So it is starting to look like we may have another track to run at here soon in the North......



Kurt

Where at in the north
You don't tell about a track with out the directions to it
Just about to kill me thinking about one within 10 hours drive . Let's go racing
Nitrocat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 09:39 AM   #11
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 27
Default Re: Looks dead to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrocat View Post
Where at in the north
You don't tell about a track with out the directions to it
Just about to kill me thinking about one within 10 hours drive . Let's go racing

Sorry, the track will be located in Auburn Ca. fair grounds. The are all ready 2 tracks there for 10th scale racing.

Kurt
Gone14s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 02:09 PM   #12
JPW
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 10
Thumbs up Re: Looks dead to me

This is great news, you got any more info? I live 20 min from there. Hope this happens cause i got the itch
JPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 08:36 AM   #13
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 27
Default Re: Looks dead to me

Up date on the Auburn track.

This Saturday we are heading up to re-cut a new track for the 5th off road track. The weather has been getting nicer to start work on it.
From what I understand it will be open at first for practice for a bit till folks get to know the track is there. As soon as there are enough folks to set up races we will be racing out there.

Again this track is located at the fair grounds in Auburn off Old Auburn Folsom rd.

Will up date again after the week end passes.

I'll get a better address and directions here soon.

For what ever reason tracks here in the Northern Cal. seem to fade away after a short time......lets hope there will be enough intress in this one to keep it going......I hate reading that
another track has died.
For those of you that visit RC Country in Sac. Ca you can call and talk to Bruce on more info or any help you can do.
We do have locals with 5th scale running around that are ready to get the racing started. So this should get off to a good start.


Cheer's Kurt
PegLeg likes this.

Last edited by Gone14s; 02-23-2016 at 08:44 AM.
Gone14s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 10:31 AM   #14
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Granite Bay
Posts: 44
Default Re: Looks dead to me

Super good news. That is 25 minutes from my house. I had completely given up on a track even 2 hours from me. I can't race for shit but I'll be there to support the track and help keep it alive.
Ol' fart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 04:57 PM   #15
JPW
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 10
Default Re: Looks dead to me

Hell Yes ! Thanks for the update. I will get my Losi ready! I have a couple more people that might get into racing too!
JPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 12:04 PM   #16
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 27
Default Re: Looks dead to me

We will be out there tomorrow (27th) working on the track. They are also running the rock crawler track.
As you enter the fair grounds main gate go to the far right corner of the parking lot. There will be a gate open there and a oval track just in side of it. The other two tracks are sitting behind the oval.

If your coming up hwy 80 going to Reno get off at the New Castle exit. Go east off the exit toward Auburn, You will come to a stop light which is Auburn Folsom road....take a left
Go about to 2 miles and the fair grounds are on the right. The main entrance has a mini mart sitting by it as you go in, there is also a stop light there. I be leave there is a sign marketing the fair grounds all so.

Come on out and take a look it you have the time.

Cheers Kurt

Last edited by Gone14s; 02-26-2016 at 09:28 PM.
Gone14s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 03:23 PM   #17
JPW
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 10
Default Re: Looks dead to me

Ok thanks, I'll stop by tomorrow and check it out.
JPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 04:34 PM   #18
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 27
Default Re: Looks dead to me

Started getting the track cut today and will do what we can to finish tomorrow (Sunday 28th) . There will still be work to be done in the next few weeks to get it right but it will happen.

They are talking about just having open practice for the first month or so to see if there will be any intress in getting some racing going. As all ways it's up to us to show that we are interested and to support the group that has built this track. The track will stay open if we use it.

More to come soon.....stay tuned gents...

Cheers Kurt
BASHINBEAST and JPW like this.
Gone14s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 08:24 PM   #19
JPW
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 10
Default Re: Looks dead to me

Is the 1/8 scale track the one in the far back by the train tracks and Pacific ave? I drove by today but didn't have time to stop.
JPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 08:37 PM   #20
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 27
Default Re: Looks dead to me

Yes, they are thinking to run both 1/8 and 5th scale on it with
the track being set more to the 5th scale side of racing.

Kurt
Gone14s is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Looks dead to me - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hello!!! Paralyzed does not mean Im dead! Kooldeal Introduce yourself 49 04-19-2014 09:57 AM
Well... the crap is dead now ;) Automan Losi 5ive-T 7 01-15-2012 04:52 PM
dead motor forrest121 Engine & Exhaust 8 09-11-2011 09:23 PM
5b ss went dead afg Engine & Exhaust 11 02-06-2010 10:03 AM
Monster Trucks, are they dead? Killroy Chit Chat 8 12-26-2008 07:08 PM
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:10 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.